cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-App Purchase - Getting an "Insufficient Permission" error

Draco18s
Explorer
I am working on an app that will contain in-app purchases for some items.
I am trying to test the purchase system to insure that the API is set up correctly, I have one purchasable item (durable), but when the button to purchase it (inside the app) is clicked, I am bumped out of my app to the Oculus room with a message that I have insufficient permissions to perform that action.

The "Ok" button to dismiss the message cannot be activated by gazing alone, as well. But when clicked, I am returned to my app with the payment having not succeeded.

I can find no reference to this error anywhere.
4 REPLIES 4

Draco18s
Explorer
Managed to resolve this on my own. It turned out that there was no pricing information uploaded to the app management page, so the Oculus store didn't know about my in-app purchases (this was user error: I thought I had uploaded and saved the information, but I had not fully done this task). The error message remains woefully inadequate, however.

See my other thread for my complaints about that.

spiraloid
Protege
I have the same problem.   But unfortunately when I try to save the dashboard info with the tsv I'm getting a website error from the dashboard.  

GraphQL server responded with error 1675012: There was a problem with this request. We're working on getting it fixed as soon as we can.

Error Code: 1675012
Trace ID: G+qMTXAIcIE

someone need to reboot the server?

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@spiraloid Thanks for the heads up. Could you submit this as a bug report here? https://developer.oculus.com/bugs/create/

Afterwards, please let me know when you have done so and I'll have the proper team look at it.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here through the "Contact Us" link (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!

DwideSchrude420
Honored Guest

I have the same problem when I go into a game like rec room and I try to buy rec room plus it says I have insufficient permission. I can buy games on the app on my phone but not in-game items or a subscription.