cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-game notification of new invite received

BobScott
Protege
I'm trying to let our users know when an invite is received, but it appears that FOnSessionInviteReceivedDelegate is not supported by Oculus yet.  Can anyone confirm or deny or give me a workaround?
6 REPLIES 6

BobScott
Protege
That entire page is about Native Rift development.  I can confirm that the FOnSessionInviteReceivedDelegate  does not get fired when an invite comes in.  I can also confirm that FOnSessionUserInviteAcceptedDelegate works for detecting when the game has been launched via invite or when an invite is accepted through Oculus Home when the game is running.

Can you point me to a place in the documentation you link to that describes how to get invite notifications while in-game?

BobScott
Protege
We're fine with implementing our own in-game display of notifications, but we need to be notified for that to happen.  Is there any information on how to even find out about an invite while in-game?

BobScott
Protege
Given that there are two different delegates with specifically different names, I'm not sure that implementing one instead of the other is proper.  From the naming, it seems like Unreal intended these to be different.

BobScott
Protege
Incidentally, we are already using FOnSessionUserInviteAcceptedDelegate, since it's the only way of knowing when an invite has been accepted by the local player.

BobScott
Protege
@imperativity - We are certainly expecting to implement our own in-game UI for responding to incoming invites, but we need some help figuring out when there are incoming invites.  That's what FOnSessionInviteReceivedDelegate is supposed to be used for.  Ignore the "invites accepted" for now - we're already handling that.  If there are ovr_* functions that we have to use to get the information, we're willing to do that if necessary (though I don't imagine polling is particularly performant).

Can you provide any more information?

eXifreXi
Explorer
Hey there,

I tried to resolve this on my own and found your post first.
As this hasn't been solved yet, I wanted to make sure to redirect you and everyone who finds this thread to my own thread, as I posted the answer there.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/developer/discussion/64056/how-to-react-to-an-incoming-session-invite-by...

Cheers