cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to get a TEST AppID to experiment with the Platform SDK ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I am on a way to develop something for Oculus ( Quest ) but it's still long before we'd even try a concept submission.

However we'd like to experiment/test with the platform SDK in order to be able to -

- connect to another Quest/Oculus unit/user
- establish a connection
- send motion/data across the Quests so basically a multi-user game

Now the problem seems to be if I understood correctly "you can't make any use of the Platform SDK without an APPID".

Is any way to have a "test APP ID" just to test/debug/develop features before to even try to do concept submission ?

Or is any way to test anything like that in some way using some other third part apps "just to see if it works ?".

Cheers and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
"I had no idea" .. we are since quite some time a registered devloper .. dashboard ? .. hum .. I am guessing I never looked that much into 🙂

I'll have a look, in the meanwhile I wrote all this and got a reply "went already turbo mode" and created a small server/client thing to test what I wanted to test using ENet ..

But that was just a test "before to have the real thing" I should have a look into that then, thanks for the reply 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JeffNik
MVP
MVP
Once you apply and get approved to be a developer with Oculus (I don't recall the process - its been a few years!) you have a "dashboard" on the developer portion of the Oculus website, where you can create as many "test" applications as you need. The website assigns the AppID as soon as you create the app. and you can test to your heart's content. You don't ever have to submit any of them for release - I never have. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
"I had no idea" .. we are since quite some time a registered devloper .. dashboard ? .. hum .. I am guessing I never looked that much into 🙂

I'll have a look, in the meanwhile I wrote all this and got a reply "went already turbo mode" and created a small server/client thing to test what I wanted to test using ENet ..

But that was just a test "before to have the real thing" I should have a look into that then, thanks for the reply 🙂