cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest is running Android 7.1(API level 25) while all documention and tools state using 8+

m2-funomena
Honored Guest
I'm currently able to build and run my game just fine using API 25, but all the documentation and and the lint tool suggest going to API 26+.  When I install I get the INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK ...  Requires newer sdk version #27 (current version is #25) error.  It appears my device is up to date (333700.3780.0) but when I check the API version on the device(using adb shell getprop ro.build.version.sdk) it states 25.  Doing this to all our devices gives the same result. 

I was wondering, are we missing something?

Thanks

using:
Unity 2019.2.0f1
jdk 1.8.0_77-b03
ndk r16b

3 REPLIES 3

cold_front17
Honored Guest
Same here, even my quest is up to the latest version of software, the getprop still gives me a API level 25. Also I had several app failed to run after deployed to the quest, because in unity player settings I gave them API levels higher than 25. I think maybe oculus is updating the OS / runtime, but not updating the ground level android it is running on? 

Skalbe
Honored Guest

Necro bump. Same here still. Working from Unreal. The docs say that Quest is running 8.0-Oreo, which is 26, but Unreal build tool keeps refusing to build with 26, saying that device has older.

CarpetFace
Expert Protege

I just ran that command on mine and it reports 29 for me.  Perhaps this has changed since the original post?