cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get updated room information

GEMISIS
Adventurer
Hi everyone,
I've recently begun running into issues with the latest Platform SDK.  With the latest Unity platform version (1.13.0), I've been unable to get room updates with the following error message:

An unexpected error has occurred. Please retry your request later.

Looking deeper into this, it seems like the exception type is "OAuthException", though this same code worked with the previous version of the SDK.  Any ideas what could be going on with this?

Edit: After looking through a bit, it looks like updating the datastore too often/quickly was causing some kind of OAuthException.  Is this expected?
2 REPLIES 2

GEMISIS
Adventurer
Hi there,

1) I do depend on the update notifications callback for updates. Is this a reliable way to get updates from the datastore, or should I be doing this another way?

2) I was updating it every frame, which I can see being too often, but was just curious if there was a work around as I wasn't sure why I was getting an OAuthException for it.

charles_beyer
Protege
Hey Gemisis.  I think the basic problem is that you are calling the API too often.  Each call initiates a web request to update the datastore in the Service.  The API itself doesn't make an attempt to coalesce a bunch of updates, or even validate that the datastore changed.  It merely a nice wrapper to make the Service call.  So you'll want to implement a caching/update mechanism that makes sense for your use-case.  Hope that helps!