cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users unable to find or use Preview Apps / No confirmation email is sent

madefireengr
Explorer
When I add a user to my Preview App, their email address is added to Subscribed Users and they never receive an email invite. As a result, they are never able to find our preview app in their apps.

The one place the app is visible is on Preview Apps page in the account section: https://secure.oculus.com/my/preview-apps, but this only allows them to unsubscribe.

Am I doing something wrong or did I find a glitch in the system?
34 REPLIES 34

madefireengr
Explorer
Thanks for your triage and response.

1) No. They are all in the format <username@domain.com> with only letters in the username. The only exception is one test account that I made using the + character (for creating multiple Oculus accounts from the same Gmail address). We have used this practice successfully in other Oculus project channels.
2) Yes. Also note that, in the dashboard UI, addresses are added directly to Subscribed Users, not Pending Users. The users seem to never be in the intermediate pending state.

Dithernet
Protege
Same problem. The user never receive the invitation email.

Gruguir
Protege
Looks like that issue was always there and apparently never solved.

Dithernet
Protege
yes @imperativity the problem is still there.  :'( :

Anonymous
Not applicable
I added one user that had same prob, immediately went straight to subscribed Users, not Pending Users, no preview app showing. Others Users I added  operated normally, seems random.
"Also, if you could try adding an email that does not forward a request,
that would be great for updated logs on our back-end. Thanks!
"
How do i add an email that does not forward a request? Is this not the problem? Should i remove problem user email from subscribed, and re-submit that email?
thanks v much

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry @imperativity meant to tag you for previous post

Dithernet
Protege
@imperativity the problem is still there. Do you have a solution?

Dithernet
Protege
I am really impressed with the responsiveness on this forum.  B) Good job guys

yurygural1982
Honored Guest
Hi. A developer sent me a link for an alpha app. When i clicked the link it was added to My Preview Apps. I can see a logo of the app. And it says Subscribed above the logo. From there I have only one option which is Unsubscribe. How can I add this app to my library so that I can launch it on my Gear VR?
Thank you
w9tfkif1dui3.png