cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i use the same leaderboard / achievements for the Gear VR and Rift versions of my game ?

Gruguir
Protege
I plan to release the same game on the two hardwares, is it mandatory to setup everything twice as i'd really like to have only one universal leaderboard ?
4 REPLIES 4

ENiKS
Adventurer
I believe you have to setup one app for Gear and second for Rift. But you can always code some leaderboard functionality yourself and do not use the one, that comes with Oculus (or you can use them in parallel). The thing is, do you believe the experience is identical on both headsets, so the scores are comparable?
Owner and leader at http://www.infinite.cz/

Gruguir
Protege
Yes the game is the same (aside from better visual obviously), so it would make sense in my opinion to be able to have the option to share these data across different hardware using the Oculus Platform api. So if i understand there is no synced game data at all across different Oculus hardwares ?

charles_beyer
Protege
Gruguir,  combining your Apps into the same App Grouping should give you what you want.

Gruguir
Protege

Gruguir,  combining your Apps into the same App Grouping should give you what you want.

I totally missed that, thanks.