cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting Group Presence invites inside the app

Scicer
Explorer

Hi guys @OculusSupport ,

I'm implementing the multiplayer in my app using the Group Presence / Destinations APIs + Photon, using Unity 2020.

Problem: 

- I can't find a way to let the users accept an invitation without going to the Notifications panel in the Oculus menu. This is horrible, because most of the users cannot find the Invites after the Toast is hidden.

I've seen that in the old (to be deprecated) Rooms API we had the "Rooms.SetRoomInviteReceivedNotificationCallback", but I can't find anything similar for the Group Presence API.

Also, I can use "GroupPresence.SetInvitationsSentNotificationCallback", "GroupPresence.SetJoinIntentReceivedNotificationCallback", but there is no "GroupPresence.SetInvitationsReceivedNotificationCallback".

Does anyone have a clue about this??

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

TenaciousDan
Honored Guest

Did you figure this one out? I too am looking for a callback so that I can handle received invitations inside my app. As you mentioned there is no "SetInvitationsReceivedNotificationCallback", only "SetInvitationsSentNotificationCallback". The latter sounds like a callback received by the sender telling them that they sent the invite. I don't care so much about this, I really just need the InvitationsReceived callback so that the other person can receive the message and join the other user. This seems like a large oversight to not have this. It makes the entire GroupPresence API unusable if I cannot react to received invitations...