cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Edition of Oculus Quest is not playing videos.

GameOnNC
Explorer
I have an apk file that my team has been working on, it works and plays video fine on the standard Oculus Quest but the Business edition will not play the videos...
I'm using the Unreal engine 4.25, the video files are .mp4 files and are queued to play when the app starts. When I sent the exact same .apk file to each headset, the Business edition will not play videos. Can someone help me find what I am doing wrong?
3 REPLIES 3

Ham1ton
Protege

GameOnNC said:

I have an apk file that my team has been working on, it works and plays video fine on the standard Oculus Quest but the Business edition will not play the videos...
I'm using the Unreal engine 4.25, the video files are .mp4 files and are queued to play when the app starts. When I sent the exact same .apk file to each headset, the Business edition will not play videos. Can someone help me find what I am doing wrong?

This is happening to me too.  I can literally install an apk on a standard Quest and all the .mp4 videos play fine, but that same apk on a Quest for Business edition will not play all the videos properly.

I would love some help here too.

Ham1ton
Protege
I found out the solution to this issue.
If you are experiencing issues in the Oculus Quest for Business where video is not playing or other assets are not being accessed the same way as the normal Oculus Quest, be sure to uncheck the box in the build settings for "Package Game files inside APK". For some reason, on the Business edition, the permission are different and you cannot access videos from inside the APK, they must be in a separate OBB file.

I hope this posts saves someone else a lot of wasted time.

It's sad that an APK that works on the standard Quest will not necessarily work on the business edition due to restricted file permissions.

GameOnNC
Explorer
That's it!
It's been driving me crazy that our APKs act differently on the standard and Business edition of the Quest.