cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I only submit my app for testing if it's in the store? (Entitlement issue)

pedrosense
Explorer

I'm making a VR app, I can only test it on my dev account, if I test IT using my personal account the Meta Avatar doesn't load and the Entitlement Check returns me an error.

pedrosense_1-1684783069802.png

We don't want to make the app public anyway, so is there any way to use it without having to add each user as a tester?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

afloofdev
Protege

Hey there,

For the entitlement check, you can upload your project as a closed alpha, where only approved testers can access it. Then add all accounts you want to pass the entitlement check as testers.

You can do this by going to "Release Channels" -> "ALPHA" (for Alpha channel) -> "Users". From there click on "Add Users".

Keep in mind that your developer account is not added by default, and needs to be added there. This should allow you to test your app with test accounts before it goes public.

I haven't used the Meta Avatar, so I'm not sure about it, but I assume if the entitlement check passes, that should also work?

Hope that helps 😁

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

afloofdev
Protege

Hey there,

For the entitlement check, you can upload your project as a closed alpha, where only approved testers can access it. Then add all accounts you want to pass the entitlement check as testers.

You can do this by going to "Release Channels" -> "ALPHA" (for Alpha channel) -> "Users". From there click on "Add Users".

Keep in mind that your developer account is not added by default, and needs to be added there. This should allow you to test your app with test accounts before it goes public.

I haven't used the Meta Avatar, so I'm not sure about it, but I assume if the entitlement check passes, that should also work?

Hope that helps 😁

Thank you! I will try this.

Now I'm having problems with the AndroidManifest during the upload 😅