cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't apply LocomotionExample scene to my project

andrewblance
Honored Guest

Hello all. I am quite new to developing for VR, and have been attempting to work through the tutorials Meta gives for Quest 2 development using Unity. I did the Playground Tutorials (https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-tutorial-basic-controller-input/) to set up hand tracking and using controllers, and want to move on to locomotion.

I acquired the Locomotion sample, and have been trying to follow along with this: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-isdk-create-locomotion-interactions/. I can get the sample compiled and running on my quest 2, however, I can not get the tutorial working on my project.

I followed the parts for the tutorial to try to accomplish locomotion with my Right hand (I can move onto Left hand and controller locomotion once this aspect is working) - which involves adding LocomotionHandInteractorGroup to your hand, creating a Locomotion GameObject, and copying in some mesh files from the sample. As far as I can tell, everything I have added to my scene matches the equivalent piece in the sample (and it looks like I am aligned with what the tutorial is asking of me as well.) However, when I try to run the sample on my quest it's as if nothing has changed or anything has been added - the right hand does not let me move around the world. Its as if I have added no new code.

I have attached a screengrab below, demonstrating the structure of my scene, and also what LocomotionHandInteractorGroup looks like. Aside from that, everything else should match what comes out of the default tutorial. 

One cause I thought of might be that in the Locomotion tutorial, it asks you to set the "Active State Finger Visual component". However, I cannot tell where I am meant to do this. Furthermore, I cannot find anything resembling this in the Locomotion Sample Scene. Since it appears not to be part of the Sample Scene, I feel it may not be important?

I have also tried bringing over the "Tutorial" part of the sample scene, and even this has no apparent effect on my scene. 

If anyone has any advice, or if I can post more details, please let me know. I am happy to share my scene as well if that is helpful 

andrewblance_0-1700326100333.png

1 REPLY 1

abdulist
Explorer

i also following the same tutorial that meta gives, but I stuck on Adding Locomotion Interactors for Controllers

where I didn't find any Locomotion Samples and I didn't even get the locomotion example scenes with the SDK

-

anyway I'm adding Active State Finger Visual component on LocomotionHandInteractorGroup prefabs and doing what the tutorial mentioned and jumped to adding TeleportHotspot but nothing worked