cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Casting from a separate camera?

Anonymous
Not applicable
So first off, yeah yeah - I know I'm crazy for wanting to render yet another viewpoint on a mobile device, BUT:

I would like to cast from a camera that isn't the user's viewpoint. I'm also using Unity. Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently rendering the non-user viewpoint camera to the left eye and the normal view to the right eye. It works, but it's not a great experience for the person in the headset...

colin_love1
Explorer

not a great experience for the person in the headset...

Out of body experience?

Sorry, I'm only commenting, so I get notified when someone else figures out how to do it.

jphilipp
Protege
Could you please explain what your use case is, what you want to achieve, what the final experience should be? I'm not sure I'm fully getting it. Thanks.

MikeF
Trustee
Id love to see this as a possibility. My game has a spectator camera mode that renders to monitor on desktop which provides observers with additional information that the vr player doesnt always need. We had to remove this for our quest port so having an alternate casting source would be great for rift parity

saikiran_n
Protege

Any progress on this issue ?

pro_zac
Heroic Explorer

What you're asking for is Spectator Camera.

silence49
Honored Guest

;

Yes @pro_zac but when I make a build out of that example scene provided by Oculus, I am not getting the desired outcome as mentioned in that blog. In the casting, I am only getting HMD view, it is not switching to SpectatorCamera view