cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand Tracking

panayot_cankov
Protege
Is there a way to get early access to hand tracking for Quest?
14 REPLIES 14

Skybox.xyz
Protege
Yes we want to test it too!
Why this thread is tagged as Answered tho?
@NinjaGG

alejandro_casta
Expert Protege
Please, I also need it. It is very import for my project !!!
Thanks
Alejandro

adm_immertec
Honored Guest
We also would like to test out hand tracking system as soon as possible.
Thank you 
Bilgi 

APitt
Explorer
Yes please allow developers access to this feature as soon as possible. My company needs to find out if this is a viable replacement for our Leap Motion setup. We are running out of standard Rifts and need to see if we are going to replace them with the Quest or Rift S. Please give us a way to start implementing hand tracking ASAP!!!

gevasaf
Explorer
I heard it will be available to devs only once it's publicly released as an experimental feature.

But on the off chance that this thread has any influence -
We have 2 apps in development that are a natural fit for hand tracking. Would be great to get the API ahead of time..

MarkHenryC
Protege
I asked this in the Start forum a while back but it's pretty quiet over there. It would be very helpful, as has been said, to get at least an idea of the API so we can start testing with Leap Motion (for example) and have a consistent bridging API. Hopefully this thread justifies a response by Oculus.

tom_smeltzer
Honored Guest
Just to add another voice to the choir, we too would make use of advance access to the hand tracking API. Opens up a lot of possibilities.

panayot_cankov
Protege
What is available now at the system menus will work just fine as input for all our interactions. ❤️ Can't wait to get our hands on the SDK.

Quacklin
Protege
What is the best way to find out when hand tracking sdk is available?