cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand tracking -> no hands rendering

julien_cifre_3
Honored Guest
Hello, 
I'm trying to test the hands interactions train scene, but have no hands rendering in the scene. Same with the hand test scene. All seems to be well configured but still no hands input visible on the scene (the gesture to get the menu is working).
Anyone know what the problem could be ?

Linkos
18 REPLIES 18

Stimmits
Explorer
I also had the same problem. I thought my hands were not rendering correctly. Turns out they were rendering, but in the wrong place.

My solution was to change the position and rotation values you get from the hands to local position and rotation, as my Player Rig was not on (0, 0, 0) - which the SDK kind of assumes.

To try this, change the following scripts:

HandSkeleton.cs
// line 145 from: transform.position = pose.RootPose.Position.FromFlippedZVector3f();
// to:
transform.localPosition = pose.RootPose.Position.FromFlippedZVector3f();
// line 146 from: transform.rotation = pose.RootPose.Orientation.FromFlippedZQuatf();
// to:
transform.localRotation = pose.RootPose.Orientation.FromFlippedZQuatf();
HandMesh.cs
// line 119 from: vertices = mesh.VertexPositions.FromFlippedZVector3f();
// to:
vertices = transform.InverseTransformPoint(mesh.VertexPositions.FromFlippedZVector3f());

Also, make sure to parent the hands under the player rig as so will move with the player. Hope this helps!

ZeroLu
Explorer
Hi there,

I have been stuck in the same problem for a week now.
The hand tracking functionality is working fine in the system menu, and I can even see the guardian system when my hands are close to the boundary. I can also use other apps with hand tracking functionality.
But the app I built just don't show any hands. I changed all the configurations accordingly and tried every hand related scene. But no hand is showing up! Even if I put a cube under the LeftHandAnchor/RightHandAnchor, it's not moving with hand either. I also tried Unity 2019.2.10f1 and 2018.4.11f1. But it's the same.

I am using the V12 Oculus Integration and system software version is 12.0.0.226.469.188362039. Unfortunately I cannot update the system software. The debug canvas of HandTest showed that HandTrackingEnabled: false. This is what I saw in the headset.
z9m22cid2een.png
I checked the AndroidManifest.xml, it has HandTracking permission there.
I am truly lost now. Help!!

ZeroLu
Explorer

ZeroLu said:

Hi there,

I have been stuck in the same problem for a week now.
The hand tracking functionality is working fine in the system menu, and I can even see the guardian system when my hands are close to the boundary. I can also use other apps with hand tracking functionality.
But the app I built just don't show any hands. I changed all the configurations accordingly and tried every hand related scene. But no hand is showing up! Even if I put a cube under the LeftHandAnchor/RightHandAnchor, it's not moving with hand either. I also tried Unity 2019.2.10f1 and 2018.4.11f1. But it's the same.

I am using the V12 Oculus Integration and system software version is 12.0.0.226.469.188362039. Unfortunately I cannot update the system software. The debug canvas of HandTest showed that HandTrackingEnabled: false. This is what I saw in the headset.
z9m22cid2een.png
I checked the AndroidManifest.xml, it has HandTracking permission there.
I am truly lost now. Help!!

I managed to update the Oculus system to v14.0. And used the v14.0 Oculus Integration in Unity. But still no luck. Help!!

jschaider
Honored Guest
@ZeroLu
I am running into the exact same problem as you. I am running Oculus Integration v17.0 and my Unity version is 2019.2.8f1. I have permissions set correctly in the android manifest, I was able to check that in manifest-merger-release-report.txt. And my app ids are set in the Oculus>Avatars and Platforms settings.

Was wondering if you happened to figure out the issue?

MDwornikowski
Explorer

Hello,

I think I've finally found the reason for this bug. The hands won't render if you disable Unity Splash screen on app start... yeah. So my guess is the hand tracking system loads itself in a wrong time and does not bother to do it again if failed. I've submitted a bug report

And unfortunately Oculus developers do not respond to my bug report. So if you got some time please report this bug yourself too

I got the response from dev team, they acknowledged the bug and will work on it

That works for me. Curious this default parameter set to controller only for an app testing Hands ! They have to change it.

This solved my issue, thank you man!