cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge issue MQDH no longer casting with Quest Pro!

There is a huge issue going on with the MQDH and I seemly can't find a solution besides a couple other unsolved threads.

I need to use the casting function of MQDH for mixed reality capture and it is no longer working. It used to work fine on both my laptop and pc, I did a whole review with it. I didn't touch the headset for a couple months and now it does not work on either. I've tried updating everything, rolling back the mdqh, uninstalling and reinstalling, re adding my device and factory resetting the headset and still nothing has resolved the issue. I'm stressed cause I'm on a deadline and this is literally stopping all progress.

Also note the casting works fine through the oculus website but you can't do passthrough recordings there. It also casting no problem to sidequest, it's literally just the MQDH. I would use the other options if they were not terrible quality. I got the recording function to work, it only works with the recording option of "Both Eyes" selected besides that it will give me the error "device display is off". This is similar to what I've read in other unsolved threads.

This is what it says exactly

"An Error Occurred...Check to see if your headset and computer are using the same network. VPN’s have been known to cause casting errors. Try switching to the same network to allow casting.Firmware build ID / build flavor in headset can cause instability in casting. This information can be found in the tooltip if you hover over the device image on the device page.Check to see if the account on the headset is the same as the logged in account in MQDH. There is a known issue with secondary accounts logged into the headset that would conflict with the account that is logged into MQDH. This is a rare occurrence.Please try logging out and back in from the Settings Page to refresh your session"

when I try to record I get: error: device display is off

I have changed nothing since I used it last. Everything appears to be connected fine otherwise the casting simply does not work anymore and I'm out of ideas so any suggestions would be appreciated

4 REPLIES 4

Meta-Rob
Explorer

Having exactly the same issue on the Mac version...

Screenshots work
When I try to record I get: error: device display is off
Casting displays your same error

Has anyone got this working? is it just us?

It's not just us I have seen a couple posts here and on reddit however THERE IS STILL NO FIX. I emailed meta support but they haven't even gotten back yet, this is so messed up

They emailed me that they closed my support ticket and sent me here. what a bummer

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey there! I see you're having issues with developer experience and this is not what we want for you. Please go ahead and get connected with Developer Support here! I hope this post finds you well and they can get you back on track as soon as possible !