cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just purchased the quest 2 VR headset and the software blows! I can't get past install phone app

I am so frustrated not only with the device but all the lack of real support. I am so frustrated..... that I will be returning the device if not resolved by tomorrow. I am a software developer by trade and I have never had this many issues ever with any device or software. I can't get passed donwload install mobile app and access code.

Followed everything to the T with no resolve, from my phone from my pc, from multiple OS's

As far as I am concerned the concept is cool but this is junk software on a known issue not resolved.

Obviously a Quality Control manufacturing software Defect and never should have been released.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, we understand how inconvenient it can be when a device you've received isn't working as intended. No worries though, as we're here to help get you back in the game! Could you please try the following to see if it'd result in your issue being solved?

• Power cycle the headset (turn it off and on).
  • Factory reset the headset (keep in mind all data on the device will be lost).
  • Restart your mobile device.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Quest app.

We'd also like to suggest clearing your Bluetooth cache to see if that'd resolve the issue as well, instructions on how to clear your Bluetooth cache can be found below:

Android device

1. Open Settings and go to Apps.
  2. Go to Bluetooth
  3. Tap on Storage and Clear Cache.

iOS device

1. Open Settings and select Bluetooth.
  2. Forget every Bluetooth device in the My Devices list using the "i" icon.
  3. Restart your iOS device to clear the cache. After restarting, you will be required to re-pair with Bluetooth devices again.

If none of the solutions stated above resolve your issue, then go ahead and shoot us a support ticket and we'd be glad to continue helping you. Cheers!