cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Android Studio Basics documentation and the file android.debug.keystore

AugmaDev
Explorer

I'm going through the documentations Native-MobileSDK-Getting Started-Android Studio Basics, and I'm stuck with the following Android Studio error:

Execution failed for task ':VrSamples:VrCubeWorld_Framework:Projects:Android:validateSigningDebug'.
> Keystore file 'C:\Users\thisUser\Downloads\OculusMobileSDK\VrSamples\VrCubeWorld_Framework\Projects\Android\android.debug.keystore' not found for signing config 'debug'.

I noticed that I don't have the file android.debug.keystore in my directory. I'm not sure why this file shown in the Android Studio Basics documentation when VrSamples in the Mobile SDK download do not contain the file android.debug.keystore.

Can someone please help me with this issue? I am new to Android developement.

3 REPLIES 3

AugmaDev
Explorer

Anyone?

gregtada
Honored Guest

I have the same issue. If I figure out how to fix it, I will post here. 

villain749
Explorer

I was having the same problem but was able to get it to work. I am a decent developer, but have no clue about Android.

1) You need to use the keytool program to generate a keystore file named "android.debug.keystore" which gets put into the root folder of the project ..ie \VrSamples\VrCubeWorld_Framework\Projects\Android\

2) The keytool is located in the java development kit. Depending on what version(s) of android and java and all that it may be located in different locations. Mine was located here: C:\Program Files\Android\jdk\microsoft_dist_openjdk_1.8.0.25\jre\bin. I think that older or newer vesions will work... but not totally sure.

3) This is the command I ran to generate the file I found this code on stack overflow
keytool.exe -genkey -v -keystore android.debug.keystore -storepass android -alias androiddebugkey -keypass android -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

4) The program will ask you several questions to build the key.. It doesn't matter what info you put in

5) Copy the file to the project root and you should be good to go. I was able to compile several of the VrSamples and OpenXR Samples

good luck!