cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network-shared anchors and other v40 SDK features: where are the docs?

BartronPolygon
Honored Guest

Possibly a really dumb question but I can't seem to find any documentation on the alleged v40 SDK features. Where is the best place to learn about this other than digging in the Unity integration package? I thought that as of v40, some sort of serialization of spatial anchors is possible for cross-device anchor sharing and I would really like to use this feature.

7 REPLIES 7

otri
Explorer

Yep, I'm very interested in network shared spatial anchors.  In 2020, I experienced a group gaming experience in Tokyo, played PacMan VR, and noticed it was built using Quest headsets.  So I think the functionality is already in there, but maybe it was locked away in some beta API at that time.  The experience was remarkably stable and really quite fun!

Fabularis
Explorer

Have you found a solution?

otri
Explorer

Nothing yet.

stonehenge2.0
Explorer

Hello bumping this. Would love an example scene or any specifications on what devices support it / network dependencies! need this, willing to have it just be quest pro even but do need some details! thanks

zer0grand
Honored Guest

Bump! Would really like to know how to share spatial anchors. They’ve put out a video on YouTube saying it exists now and I also see the option to enable point cloud sharing in the Quest settings, yet I can’t find any documentation / examples anywhere…. 😢

I’ve been really excited for this. Come on Meta!!!

TILTLABS_DEV
Honored Guest

They just released Shared Spatial Anchor Support with v47 SDK integration
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/unity-integration/47.0/
Unfortunately Sharing anchor is only added support in Quest pro, with quest 2 support in early 2023.