cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest - Facebook Privacy Settings?

victoryvr
Explorer
Hey, all.
I've been searching around trying to find some details on how the mandatory Facebook integration is actually going to operate. You see, we are an education-focused development team and we know that educators will be dubious about mandatory Facebook integration for the Quest headsets while they use our software.
As such, I have several questions I'd like answered:
  1. Will we be able to sync multiple headsets to a single account, much like the previous Oculus accounts?
  2. Can these accounts be Facebook Business accounts, thus allowing a school, or university to have that be the Facebook account used?
  3. Will there be settings either within the Oculus dashboard, or, ideally, within the Oculus mobile app to restrict social media functionality inside the headsets? For example: the ability for educators to disable social media posting, chatting, etc. through password protection before letting a student inside a headset?
If the answer to all 3 of these questions is "yes," then our entire team will be able to take a big sigh of relief knowing that our clients will be able to enjoy all of the power of the new Quest without having to worry about students running amok on the synced social media account.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Mordheimer
Explorer

I'm interested in a response about this. Any news?