cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please remove deleted games from library

Kilaiceman
Honored Guest

Currently when you uninstall or delete a game it still shows up on your library with “install” on it.

can you please do an update that when you uninstall a game or app it removes it from the headset and does not show it in the library 

8 REPLIES 8

StorminLightEyes
Explorer

yes, I agree. It would be great if they keep your digital purchase footprint somewhere hidden, and have the actively installed menu as the default, topmost, what you always see and interact with menu.

Dominnumb
Explorer

I still dont understand why is not already in the system. So must have lol

Kilaiceman
Honored Guest

let’s hope the developers see and implement this 

tom.leylan
Expert Protege

FYI, there are numerous threads about this. Deleting apps should be possible but the actual implementation should be decided by the designers/developers. By way of example you mentioned uninstalling and lots of people uninstall apps on a regular basis (me for instance) as it frees up space for other apps. I wouldn't want them removed from my account in any way as I can try them again a release or two later.

"Delete" on the other hand should remove the app from your account (after confirming that deleting is irreversible). There are apps that are no longer supported, no longer online, no longer in business. They don't run and installing them makes no sense even though one can still install them.

We aren't really talking permanently removing from your account, but more of not having it be the default app list that all historical apps show up on the main menu, but just having the current installed list be the default when you click the apps icon.

d.b.cooper.381805
Honored Guest

Not only the incompetent employees at Facebook needs to allow consumer to completely remove app/apps from the App Library, they also seriously need to do major overhaul on the Quest app. The Quest app is complete garbage.

Again I would leave the actual implementation to those responsible for the development and maintenance of the app. But I will suggest that there are reasons for completely removing an app from an account. AltSpaceVR is no longer maintained and will no longer run no matter how many times one installs it. There is no reason to reinstall something that won't work. Some software are virtual "scams" trying to get one involved in crypto for instance. If we won't install it again there is no reason for it to be on our account.

As for the default list... I'll suggest (as a long-time software developer) that it should be a user option. Let the user decide. They might want their side-loaded apps to show it shouldn't be up to a vote.

Dominnumb
Explorer

This topic is probably fixed, someone here on Forum said that in new version what we all probably have v59, we have filters now "All", "Installed", "Not Installed". So we can just choose Installed and its fixed