cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 - Local Storage Path changed? - Quest1 App broken!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all,

I developed a few APKs that run perfectly on Go and Quest 1.
A Unity video player loads a video stored in a local folder on runtime. For that, I switched the video source to URL and its path to /mnt/sdcard/myfolder/video.mp4

Now on Quest 2, it doesn't load the video! Is there a new path? Or does Quest 2 not accept ARMv7 APKs? The app is running on Quest 2, mind you, but not loading the video - as if it doesn't know where to look for the files.

I hope someone from the Oculus officials can shed some light on this.

Thanks
Felix

33 REPLIES 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
@OculusSupport

Anonymous
Not applicable
@OculusSupport

ruud3DV
Protege
Same issue here: in a Quest app a video file is loaded from local storage: file:///storage/emulated/0/MyFolder/MyVideo.mp4
It runs fine on Quest 1 but on Quest 2 the file can't be played. File is correctly placed and not corrupted. App has correct read/write permissions for external storage. Target API level is 27.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@ruud3DV thanks for acknowledging the problem! Hope to get an answer soon! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any answers to this @OculusSupport? 

Ham1ton
Protege
I'm having a different but perhaps similar issue. Our Quest 1 app has a custom save function that works great, but on the Quest 2 it crashes the app. Has a path changed or some permissions or something? I'm using Unreal 4.25.3 both Binary and Oculus Integration versions, happens the same way on both. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anything @OculusSupport?

gedo831
Protege

Ham1ton said:

I'm having a different but perhaps similar issue. Our Quest 1 app has a custom save function that works great, but on the Quest 2 it crashes the app. Has a path changed or some permissions or something? I'm using Unreal 4.25.3 both Binary and Oculus Integration versions, happens the same way on both. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Hi, @Ham1ton. Could you tell me how you are trying to access to the local storage for your custom saving function? I would like to know it for my future project to avoid the issue.
At this moment, with my old project I have no issue about reading/writing data with both Quest and Quest2. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
@gedo831 do you have insights about the local path structure of the the quest 2?