cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest must be restarted while plugged in to be detected by Win10 PC on Developer mode

ROBYER1
Protege
We are using the latest Oculus adb drivers, but the Quest in developer mode won't be detected by the PC once plugged in or started up whilst it is plugged in. The Quest seems to need to be plugged in while on, then restarted while still plugged in to be detected. Is this expected and desired behaviour? It creates a few extra minutes of hassle every day when setting the device up for building and testing on from a development PC.
7 REPLIES 7

MaxArch
Heroic Explorer
I had the same problem a while ago when the Quest was connected to a usb hub in my monitor. After switching to connecting to a usb port on the PC directly, I never had that problem again.

mattbenic
Protege
I also had similar issues after a while with the USB cable included with the quest. We got a third-party cable and have had no such issues since.

ROBYER1
Protege
My development laptop has a USB-C dedicated port on the side, I have just gone to device manager and made sure it isn't allowed to be switched off by Windows 10 to save power. I will report back if this fixes my issue.

ROBYER1
Protege
Didn't fix it 😞 using the original cable

preston_mccaule
Protege
I still have this issue all the time, spent an hour on it last night. Double-check that developer mode is on in the occulus iphone / android app.  Then switch ports around. That's the only way I finally got it detecting again.

ROBYER1
Protege

I still have this issue all the time, spent an hour on it last night. Double-check that developer mode is on in the occulus iphone / android app.  Then switch ports around. That's the only way I finally got it detecting again.

I only have one dedicated USB-C out socket on my laptop, the other USB ports are usually taken.. hassle! Wish I could find a fix because the port works fine for the phones I develop apps on etc.

ChancySoul
Honored Guest

I believe these challenges prevent functionality. Researching "Device not detected" (quest 2/computer/developer, etc) leads to multiple advised downloads (sidequest, developer hub, drivers, etc. etc. etc) soon, we become whooped. Please keep kids safe while working on a simple solution for those suffering TBI's.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. 

PS--- "Device not detected"

Chancy Soul

Lot 6, USGS 2764