cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RenderDoc: Oculus Quest 2 Profiling Mode timings lower than real-world timings

AndreasSpl
Honored Guest

Hey!

I'm trying to use RenderDoc to capture GPU timings that are as accurate as possible and represent what I'm seeing when running the application without any instrumentation.

If I capture frames using the RenderDoc Meta fork and generate RenderPass times using the "Time durations for the actions" button in the event browser, I usually get considerably lower frame times than I see when just running the app (around 10-30% lower).

If I switch RenderDoc to profile DrawCall timings, the times are completely off, sometimes being ~98% lower.

I am assuming that I can't really rely on the DrawCall timings for the whole frame times due to the tile render architecture. The RenderPass times however I would expect to match more closely.

Is this explained only due to variation in temperature and thus SOC clock speed changes? Does the "Oculus Quest 2 Profiling Mode" boost the clocks? I have seen ~10% higher numbers in the non-profiling mode, which would match the real-world times a bit better, but I did not find much documentation for this.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Andreas

0 REPLIES 0