cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERIOUS ISSUE Quest Pro not Casting and I'VE DONE EVERYTHING!!

Please don't skip this isn't your run of the mill I can't get this going post. I have been working in and using the developer hub for along time and I CAN NOT GET AN ANSWER FOR THIS ISSUE! 

Long story short I can not cast through the Quest Pro on MQDH. When I try to cast I get the same error listed below. This used to work fine, it also worked on my laptop, now it works on neither. Also when I try to record it says the "display is off ...it's not. A few others have reported this issue with NO RESOLVE. I've tried everything, factory reset headset, factory reset PC, everything is updated, tried rolled back version of MQDH ETC and still not dice. It works fine with my Quest 2, I can also cast with the Quest Pro through sidequest AND the oculus casting website no problem but you can not record quality mixed reality content so they are worthless. This is only an issue with the MQDH and only with my Quest Pro.

I'm not sure if it is the root cause but "allow usb debugging" does not pop up when I plug the pro in but it does when I plug the Quest 2 . I've been at this for weeks with no help! Everything is correct, developer mode, my developer mode account. I've tried turning developer mode on in of while the app while in the headset. I've tried different cables, different pc, even different operating systems and it STILL it refuses to work and it used to. I've toggle usb displays and developer options in the headset etc. Once again I'm not sure if this is the cause but it's the only thing different between the Quest 2 and Quest Pro when trying to cast. The worst part is it used to work, I didn't touch the headset for a month and now this.image (5).png

8 REPLIES 8

rapk
Honored Guest

I am having exactly the same issue, with no solution in sight. I don't have a Quest 2 to verify it works though. It appears, however, that the problem is not on your device or configuration, but something on the Quest connection to the MQDH.

I look forward to a solution to this problem and will post if I find out anything.

Thanks, for sure keep me updated! Oculus support just keeps sending me around and so far not a single actual person from support has tried to help it's absolutely ridiculous I'm about to force them to replace the headset.

So, I've updated Quest Pro drivers through the Oculus App (there was no update on the MQDH). After that, I still cannot cast and get the same error message. However, now I am able to record video correctly, but with no audio. That's an improvement...

where's the option to update the Drivers in the app? I may try that as well!

When I installed the Oculus app (https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/getting-started/getting-started-with-rift-s/install-oculus-...) and connected the Quest Pro with the Link cable, the Oculus app prompted for updating the Quest Pro drivers.

oh i thought you meant the phone app haha. Interesting, unfortunately I don't get any prompts for quest pro driver updates

xTokyo_
Honored Guest

I have the exact same problem with both my quest 2 and quest pro they recorded fine now when casting I get the same message as you do and I can't record says device not connected it works only when I add record from both eyes which is ridiculous looks terrible I'm so disappointed really thought I could starts creating content on this device 

Stylistme
Explorer

Well same error message, screenshot is OK and you could also used Record Video (only 2 eyes slected)... BUT no way with cast device. So strange after error message MQDH console sho gree button "casting".

Please fix the bug, impossible to cast Quest Pro with Passtrough for my vlog

https://stylistme.com/