cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Spatial Anchors - AnchorPersistenceRuntimeIpcServer: Request denied based on storage location

Emissive_VR
Honored Guest

Hello,

We are trying to implement the sample scene from this repository:

https://github.com/oculus-samples/Unity-SharedSpatialAnchors 

This way we hope to test the Colocation to ultimately use it in our experiences.

However, when creating an anchor and then sharing it, we come across an error on the app logs:

"Saving anchor(s) failed. Possible reasons include an unsupported device."

inHMD_error.png

When I check the adb logs, I get the following errors:

SP:AP:AnchorPersistenceConfig: getCloudPermissionEnabled: oculus_spatial_anchor_cloud=false

SP:AP:AnchorPersistenceRuntimeIpcServer: Request denied based on storage location for package com.Oculus.UnitySharedSpatialAnchors, sessionUuid:e0d791ec-49a1-4948-abd4-e4754812554b

SP:AP:AnchorPersistenceRuntimeIpcServer: Aborting saveAnchorV3 for package name: com.Oculus.UnitySharedSpatialAnchors 

SP:AP:AnchorPersistenceRuntimeIpcClient: Failed RPC for saveAnchor, rpcAllowed: false, CallServerRPCResult: 9 

SP:AF:AnchorFrameworkSlamAnchor: saveAnchor failed!

ADB_error.png

I have tested it on two Oculus Pro and an Oculus Quest 2 without success...

Do you have any idea how to resolve this issue (I can't seem to find anything on internet) ? Could it come from a missing Android permission ?

7 REPLIES 7

TriplePete
Protege

Have you tried to activate the permission to share anchors in the permission settings for the user in the HMD? 

Is there such a setting?  I don't see anything like that.

Yes, in Settings under Privacy and Device Permission you will find Share point cloud data. Make sure it is enabled.

This sample scene is really strange.  Sometimes it shares anchors successfully and sometimes it doesn’t.  When it doesn’t there’s not error message or timeout, the anchors just never appear in the Player 2 scene.   I’m not even sure what to troubleshoot.  It seems particularly disfunctional if one of the headsets goes to sleep at any point, which can happen since I’m one person trying to test on two headsets.

JeffNik
MVP
MVP

Also, in your Unity project, make sure you have set the app ID to one created on the Meta developer's website under your organization. The anchors you save to the cloud and share are specific to THAT application and THAT physical space only.

I seems to have same problem as you. It only works randomly once, then next time the anchors in player 2 view just disappeared, no error logged.

I also faced the same problem and it was simply because I didn't enter the appid.

kuriyamakyastal_0-1709540494657.png