cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SystemInfo.batteryStatus is bugged.

Jepplen
Explorer

Hello,

OVRManager.batteryStatus is obsolete and we should use SystemInfo.batteryStatus.

But this is not working properly.

When the Oculus Quest 2 headset is plugged with the original charger, the SystemInfo.batteryStatus returns NotCharging.
According to the documentation: NotCharging means it's plugged in, but it is not charging.

It works when playing the game on the PC (Unity) with Play, but not in the actual headset.

It seems this is bugged.

Can anyone confirm this?

6 REPLIES 6

Jepplen
Explorer

By the way I am using Oculus integration 37.0.0.

Hey there! It sounds like you're having some headset charging issues, is that correct? If so, we'd highly recommend trying alternative cables and outlets to see if the issue stops or still persists.

If you have already tried that (or it didn't work after trying), then please reach out to us here at https://metaque.st/Support and we'll be more than happy to get this issue sorted out as quickly and smoothly as possible!

Hi, I'm confused. I'm not having chargin issues with the headset.

I'm having issue with the SystemInfo.batteryStatus not returning Charging when the device is plugged in and charging (Yes it is actually charging so nothing is wrong there). It only return NotChargin, which according to the docs mean that it is plugged in, but not charging.

So to clarify, it does charge, but the method is not returning the correct response.

It works as expected in my test environment on the PC (Unity - play scene), but when i build and test it on the Quest 2 it doesn't return the correct response. That's a real build and APK installation, not using the Link cable.

Is this a known bug?

Hey there! Our apologies for not understanding the situation correctly, and thank you for clarifying it for us! At this time, there is no known bug or anything pertaining to this issue. However, we would love to help as best we can, so we would like to know: What percentage is your headset battery usually at when you receive the docs that say it is plugged in, but it is not charging?

Hi, I have good news!

When setting up a test to document the problem for you, I stumbled across the inital value, which I had set to NotCharging and this somehow got stuck and never updated when inside the headset. Not sure why, but i'm not going to investigate it further as it works now and that's fine for me.

Sorry for this, but I am very thankful for your urgency to solve my problem, which we did in a sense. 😊

All the best to you!

//Jesper

Hi @MetaQuestSupport 
Seems I spoke too soon, still getting the NotCharging behavior at certain percentages.

I believe you are on to something, because at 75% and above it says plugged in, but not charging.
Leaving my app and going back to the oculus home screen I get the charging symbol and tooltip all the way up to 100%.