Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity: Oculus Quest Entitlement Check Keeps Failing

bmoodyP3
Protege
Unity: 2018.3.6f1
Oculus Integration: 1.4

Hi All,

I am trying to implement an entitlement check in my Quest app so that we can submit the app for a technical review and get approved for keys (we did not pass the concept review.)

I have done the following:
1. I put the following script in my start scene:
k8wrpwgd9q6u.png

2. In OculusPlatformSettings, I have set my App ID to the value given to me in the Getting Started API.
(I have also tried turning on and off Standalone mode within OculusPlatformSettings, but it does not seem to make a difference.)

Is this happening because our app did not pass the Content review? I am at a bit of a loss here as to what to do next. 

I have followed this page to the T as far as I can tell:
https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/platform/latest/concepts/pgsg-unity-gsg/?locale=en_US#ent...

7 REPLIES 7

bmoodyP3
Protege
After much finagling, the solution turned out to be that I needed to create a new App within the Oculus developer dashboard. I spoke with another developer on the forums and they also had this experience.

@support , where can I file a possible bug?

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@bmoodyP3 Thank you for the update, I'll update your open bug report accordingly.

vartech
Explorer

bmoodyP3 said:

After much finagling, the solution turned out to be that I needed to create a new App within the Oculus developer dashboard. I spoke with another developer on the forums and they also had this experience.

@support , where can I file a possible bug?

Thank you for finding the work around! Very frustrating.

bmoodyP3
Protege
@NinjaGG , in my bug report, you marked the issue as closed even though the problem still persists. Creating a new app for every build just so the entitlement check works is not reasonable. Can you please reopen the bug report and help find a permanent solution to this?

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@bmoodyP3 Can you clarify your workflow process? You shouldn't have to create a new app entry for each build for the entitlement check to work. Is this app being built for the Oculus Quest? If so, keep in mind the entitlement check only works for your Quest app if it's approved through the Publishing Access process.

bmoodyP3
Protege
@NinjaGG , we are applying so that we can have access to Oculus Keys and can distribute our app independently. My understanding is that you need the entitlement check to upload a Quest build whether you plan to distribute on the Oculus Store or through keys.

Thank you.

bmoodyP3
Protege
Additionally, we would like to send beta testers a copy of the game via the Oculus platform.