cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utlizing Webhooks for IAP (Subscription + One-time)?

JohnnyTripp
Honored Guest

Is it possible, and has anyone implemented, to use the webhook feature for Quest IAP purchases, including subscriptions?

Right now, a server is making requests to the entitlement and subscription APIs to check on the status.

If its possible to receive a webhook when a customer makes a purchase or if there is a change in their subscription, that'd be ideal.

1 REPLY 1

amailhot
Explorer

It seems to be possible to subscribe to webhook events from the Oculus dashboard, here is the link to the documentation: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/ps-webhooks-getting-started/

From what I understood, we can subscribe to the Application object and receive events about its different fields (either create_new_session, order_status or join_intent).

The documentation also has references for the join_intent field, however it has no references for the order_status and create_new_session fields.

To come back to @JohnnyTripp's question, I think it is possible to subscribe to webhooks for IAP, by using the Application's order_status field. I think this event would be triggered when a customer makes a purchase or if there is a change in their subscription.

However, it would be great to have some documentation about this specific object. The only thing I found is this example of the object in JSON:

{
  "field": "order_status",
  "value": {
    "event_time": "1659742639",
    "user_id": "10149999707612630",
    "product_info": {
      "notification_type": "PURCHASED",
      "reporting_id": "03f8833e-9c02-4fa0-978f-4cfe91f86bae",
      "sku": "item_sku_1",
      "developer_payload": "{\"quoteId\": 1234567}"
    }
  }
}

It would be great to know more about this object. For example, what other values (other than "PURCHASED") can the notifycation_type field have?