cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with unity build and Quest

FloppyDisk01
Honored Guest
Hello, 
I was trying to test how to import a unity build on oculus quest and i encountered an infinite loading screen problem.

-activate developer mode in my oculus quest settings
-make a simple scene with a camera, light and a cube to observe in unity 2019.1.6f1.
-import oculus integration package on the asset store
-in build setting, select android, switch platform and add open scene to the scene in build
-in player setting > other setting select Android4.4 'KitKat'
-in player setting > XR setting, activate virtual reality supported and select oculus
-in oculus > platform > edit setting, i added the application id of my app

and then when i hit the build and run button, unity answer me with a build succesful message but the oculus quest is stuck in a black screen with the loading white dots.
I tested different fix found around internet (like delete vulkan API) but none of them seems to work, if someone has an idea of how to solve this problem i would be very grateful.
thanks
8 REPLIES 8

larsonmattr
Explorer
Things I have hit / ideas:
1) Try setting the minSDK as Android Marshmellow API 23
2) Check that you are using the Oculus(Android) package not the Oculus(Desktop) package.
3) After setting the platform to Android, sometimes this has undone setting the Player Settings->XR enabled, so double-check that this is still set correctly.
4) As mentioned, use OpenGL ES 3.0, not Vulcan.

Embarcadero
Honored Guest
For anyone still wondering (like me after 8 hours).
What fixed the problem for me was downloading and importing the new Oculus Utilities for unity.

ajippolito
Honored Guest
@Embarcadero - did you have to update anything in your project, or simply install the "Oculus Integration"?

5DRealities
Explorer

Things I have hit / ideas:
1) Try setting the minSDK as Android Marshmellow API 23
2) Check that you are using the Oculus(Android) package not the Oculus(Desktop) package.
3) After setting the platform to Android, sometimes this has undone setting the Player Settings->XR enabled, so double-check that this is still set correctly.
4) As mentioned, use OpenGL ES 3.0, not Vulcan.

Advice number 2, 3 and 4 worked for me on the Quest! Thanks!

holospaces_user
Protege
In my case, for convenience of development, I added "None" as the top most "Virtual Reality SDK". Building this way also keeps the device at a black screen with the loading dots running

ancientc
Honored Guest
Just had the same black screen problem 10 AUG 2020.
Solution was:
1. upgrade minimum Android level to API23
2. Oculus XR Plugin set it to 1.4 on the upper left (maybe you need to enable experimental assets)
Took like 2-3 hours.

chris_py_copy
Honored Guest

ancientc said:

Just had the same black screen problem 10 AUG 2020.
Solution was:
1. upgrade minimum Android level to API23
2. Oculus XR Plugin set it to 1.4 on the upper left (maybe you need to enable experimental assets)
Took like 2-3 hours.

After 20 hours of trying different stuff, 2. was the solution, experimental assets -> update Oculus XR Plugin. Thx mate

kaled.tekaya
Explorer

hello,

I'm trying to build a Foot pedal that cmmunicates with Oculus quest (wireless).

Any idea how can i do that?

Thank you