cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legs and feet body tracking

ldlc_vr_studio
Honored Guest

Hi,

following the release of SDK v46, I just had a look at the body tracking features made available; The body feature is great news for us, as this would allow us to have a more convincing characters in multiplayer games than what we are obtaining with IK alone.

With a few tweaks, I was able to build a working unity project with the samples available here :

https://github.com/oculus-samples/Unity-Movement

I ran the demo called "MovementRetargeting" and got a working mirror of the body the system is computing. This works great on the upper body part, but the leg and feet information is missing.

I tried to play with the sample by adding more body sections to "align" and to "position" in the "drive third party skeleton" component of the demo, but that didn't change a thing on the result.

When watching Oculus connect presentations of this year, I saw a demo of a character with the lower part of the body being also estimated by the body tracking feature; will the functionality be available at a later date, or am I missing something in the available samples ?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

RehtseStudio
Honored Guest

By any chance did the scene was renamed?