cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Avatars SDK (Feedback/Issues)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Do you have any feedback and/or issues in regards to the Meta Avatars SDK? Use this place to discuss, as we'll have members of the engineering team reviewing this thread!

Read the blog on the Meta Avatars SDK here: https://developer.oculus.com/blog/meta-avatars-sdk-now-available/

Refer to the Meta Avatars SDK documentation here: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/meta-avatars-overview/

108 REPLIES 108

Morgana
Explorer

Can we have a version of the SDK for those of us that choose not to use Unity please! And by that I mean not only Unreal, but please don't forget us devs who choose to use the Native path.... For any of your SDKs... Thanks!

VincentRezzoug
Explorer
Hi ! I'm trying to update my project by adding meta avatars to a custom PlayerController with OVRCameraRig
I encountered some problem with the avatar hands using controllers tracking. (head and hand tracking working fine)
I found this post and it seems to work : https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Unity-VR-Development/Meta-Avatars-Controller-tracking-with-OVRCameraR...  

Hi, Olaysia 👋. This is Nate, the founder of Vuplex. I did a deep dive into this issue, but unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out how to avoid the issue that the Meta Avatars SDK causes with Gecko. I'm tracking this issue, so if you do encounter it, please let me know. For now, I believe the best workaround if you encounter this issue is to switch to the non-Gecko 3D WebView for Android package, which is something I can help you with. I recently thought of a way that may help me remedy its limitations relating to mouse input on Oculus Quest, so I plan to pursue that in the near future to help make it as capable as the Gecko package.

There have been some updates to the Meta Avatar SDK:

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/meta-avatars-sdk/

Don't know if it help....

Also... The Golf+ app on Quest uses the Meta Avatars & vuplex for the webviews/menus I think....

Aweeed
Honored Guest

HI! I'm working on AVATAR2 SDK in unity (quest 2)  , after input the developer number in Oculus Platform' -> 'Edit Settings' and Avatar edit setting , load the sample mirror scene , run in Oculus Link , the avatar is broken as you can see in photo below, I though it's two controler issue , so I change the setting to controller only, but It's the same result , please help , working on this  for ten hours , still can not work ;(

未命名-1.jpg

and pop out some error message here 

[ovrAvatar2 examplePlatformInit] Update your app id by selecting 'Oculus Platform' -> 'Edit Settings'
at Oculus.Platform.Core.getAppID (System.String appId) [0x00046] in C:\Users\User\OculusPassTest\Assets\Oculus\Platform\Scripts\Platform.cs:50
at Oculus.Platform.Core.AsyncInitialize (System.String appId) [0x00000] in C:\Users\User\OculusPassTest\Assets\Oculus\Platform\Scripts\Platform.cs:64
at OvrPlatformInit.InitializeOvrPlatform () [0x00020] in C:\Users\User\OculusPassTest\Assets\Oculus\Avatar2\Example\Common\Scripts\OvrPlatformInit.cs:34
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object,UnityEngine.Object)

[ovrAvatar2 sampleAvatar] Error initializing OvrPlatform. Falling back to local avatar

[ovrAvatar2] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Oculus.Avatar2.CAPI+ovrAvatar2Transform.op_Implicit (UnityEngine.Transform t) [0x00008] in C:\Users\User\OculusPassTest\Assets\Oculus\Avatar2\Scripts\CAPI\OvrAvatarAPI_Types.cs:364
at SampleInputTrackingDelegate.GetRawInputTrackingState (Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarInputTrackingState& inputTrackingState) [0x00052] in C:\Users\User\OculusPassTest\Assets\Oculus\Avatar2\Example\Common\Scripts\SampleInputTrackingDelegate.cs:35
at Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarInputTrackingDelegate.GetInputTrackingState (Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarInputTrackingState& inputTrackingState) [0x00000] in C:\Users\User\OculusPassTest\Assets\Oculus\Avatar2\Scripts\OvrAvatarInputTrackingDelegate.cs:25
at Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarBodyTrackingContext.InputTrackingCallback (Oculus.Avatar2.CAPI+ovrAvatar2InputTrackingState& trackingState, System.IntPtr userContext) [0x00007] in C:\Users\User\OculusPassTest\Assets\Oculus\Avatar2\Scripts\OvrAvatarBodyTrackingContext.cs:205
Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarLog:Log (Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarLog/ELogLevel,string,string,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/Oculus/Avatar2/Scripts/OvrAvatarLog.cs:101)
Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarLog:LogError (string,string,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/Oculus/Avatar2/Scripts/OvrAvatarLog.cs:159)
Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarBodyTrackingContext:InputTrackingCallback (Oculus.Avatar2.CAPI/ovrAvatar2InputTrackingState&,intptr) (at Assets/Oculus/Avatar2/Scripts/OvrAvatarBodyTrackingContext.cs:214)
Oculus.Avatar2.CAPI:OvrAvatar_Update (single) (at Assets/Oculus/Avatar2/Scripts/CAPI/OvrAvatarAPI_Avatar.cs:230)
Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarManager:Update () (at Assets/Oculus/Avatar2/Scripts/OvrAvatarManager.cs:499)

I believe the issue is that you need a Rift ID when using link on the Quest.  You can just make a shell game on your developer dashboard and target the Rift to get that App ID.  May be wrong there as I did not use link myself.  

I'm using quest2  , so I put the ID in second colume, and I just apply a rift ID , doesn't work , thanks for reply 😉 HELP! ;(

IlyaVoitsekh
Explorer

Hi!
We're trying to test/use Meta Avatars SDK (v10, MirrorScene, Quest 2, Germany), by following this guide and encountered several issues:

- first we have seen an error "com.oculus.horizon.service.ExternalPlatformLocal$PackageNotInLibraryException: Package com.test.test not in users library" and we "fixed" it by adding the apk to alpha track so the build is not in "Unknown sources" category, but it main list of apps

- current issue is that Mirror Scene loads, but we see only Skybox and we can move, but there are NO AVATARS, in logs there were several errors, but the ones we though may lead to solving the issue are:
Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 20.38.06.pngScreenshot 2022-02-21 at 20.39.40.png

Thanks in advance for your time and help 🙂

We've setup a new empty project with Oculus Integration Package (v37) and Meta Avatars SDK (v10) and in empty project it works (we still see the errors which you can find above), but when we add it to existing project it fails.

Seems like one of the biggest difference in logs is Error which says: SignatureHelper
Not a trusted user. Do you pass the IsTrustedUser gk?

Any ideas on why that is happening?

Also you can see below two error logs from working empty project and non-working integration of avatars in our project:

non working errors:
Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 16.46.20.png

errors from working version:

Screenshot 2022-02-28 at 16.52.23.png

zdavis0099
Explorer

When playing the sample scenes my avatar moves perfectly but pressing any buttons causes a loading screen to appear and I get this error:

[ovrAvatar2 sampleAvatar] Error initializing OvrPlatform. Falling back to local avatar

Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarLog:Log (Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarLog/ELogLevel,string,string,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/Oculus/Avatar2/Scripts/OvrAvatarLog.cs:101)
Oculus.Avatar2.OvrAvatarLog:LogError (string,string,UnityEngine.Object) (at Assets/Oculus/Avatar2/Scripts/OvrAvatarLog.cs:159)
SampleAvatarEntity/<LoadCdnAvatar>d__21:MoveNext () (at Assets/Oculus/Avatar2/Example/Common/Scripts/SampleAvatarEntity.cs:134)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator,intptr)