cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Presence Platform (Feedback/Issues)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Do you have any feedback and/or issues in regards to the Presence Platform? Use this place to discuss, as we'll have members of the engineering team reviewing this thread!

Read the blog on Presence Platform here: https://developer.oculus.com/blog/introducing-presence-platform-unleashing-mixed-reality-and-natural...

11 REPLIES 11

suyash
Honored Guest

Hi @mouse_bear I read the blog and am quite excited to try the Presence Platform. How do I use these APIs in Native Android and Unity apps, please? Are these part of the SDK? Any technical documentation I can refer to learn more about the presence platform? Thanks

cazforshort
Expert Protege

Hi I have some feedback.

I'm very disappointed that v34 was released before the sdk was.

It broke my Passthrough enabled app. Now I have angry people who bought my game and can't play it anymore.

I can't fix the issue because the sdk didn't release at the same time.

Please try to avoid that in the future because as an indi-dev it really hurts my chances of surviving!

Regards,

Caz

jamesoloughlin
Explorer

The features seem excellent and great start to a MR platform. Would request image tracking and maybe in the future a method for assigning objects to expand object tracking, plus face and body detection. I’m sure there is a long list of features in the works just voicing my vote. UNREAL SUPPORT PLEASE.

VintageGreen
Adventurer

WE need a ton of more Unreal support We NEED to be able to RUN UNREAL IN BACKGROUND

Can't release game until I can please help

It probably wasn't a great idea on your part to charge people for an app that used features that were not released for publication. "Experimental" means that the API will probably change or could even be dropped. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but Oculus wasn't the cause of your issue.

ralphVR
Protege

I am looking for online guidance on how to setup the hands sdk and presence platform. I am a bit confused as it seems I must use the XR Plugin in order to enable OpenVR support which is necessary for Passthrough, but the Hands SDK lacks basic support when using OpenVR. Is there a solution? Thanks. 

We identified an issue with the OpenXR hands and are landing a fix with v35. Please let me know if updating to the v35 OS+SDK does not resolve your issue!

Hi there! Technical documentation for Unity is on the developer site, link here: https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/unity/unity-passthrough/

Documentation for Native and UE4 are coming soon with the Native and UE4 support.

Thanks for the update. I will give it a go and report back if v35 does not resolve my issue.