cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice SDK (Feedback/Issues)

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Do you have any feedback and/or issues in regards to the Voice SDK? Use this place to discuss, as we'll have members of the team reviewing this thread!

Read the blog on Presence Platform (of which the Voice SDK is a part of) here: https://developer.oculus.com/blog/introducing-presence-platform-unleashing-mixed-reality-and-natural...

66 REPLIES 66

SharmaGS
Honored Guest

Hi,

Oculus Voice SDK read or you can say speaks only 140 character form text is there a way we can increase its limit to some ware around 500 of even greater so that it text to speech can work better in my case.

Details :

using unity 2021.3.16f1 LTS

Thank you.

Any help will be appreciated.

Add this line in the AudioBuffer.cs in the Awake function

var objects = Resources.FindObjectsOfTypeAll<GameObject>().Where(obj => obj.name == "AudioBuffer");
            if (objects.Count<GameObject>()>1)
            {
                Destroy(objects.ElementAt(1));
            }

DontDestroyOnLoad(objects.ElementAt(0));

Hi, I am using dictation services of Oculus Voice Sdk in Unity. so will the above solution that you have mentioned will work.

Also with the above code, How many characters it will speak 

Hi, I am facing issue with Oculus voice services, Where when i speak more than 140 character the with services or you can say oculus voice Sdk does not do text to speech for that, i mean it does not reads or convert more than 140 character to speech.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Some of the docs are wrong. The limit is 140 total characters.

Is there any way that we can increase it beyond 140 Character. Could you help me with that if you have any idea about it.

No, but read up the the queue. It can batch them now. I forget the exact name. You can keep tossing it batches of 140 or less and it queues them up and sends them out in order.

Suppose that the text generated is 500 character then as per your solution i have to batch them in 140 Char and then send it for audio processing 

Yep, I wrote a method that splits it into sentences. Then each sentence that is too big gets split in half (or more if needed) at the nearest white space. Then sends them.

is it possible for you to share with me the code and the process that i have to perform, if i want to go with the solution that you have provided