cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change seat row in Oculus Cinema

SgtHybrid
Honored Guest
Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the forums and not sure if this has been posted but I saw a post on reddit that you can now change your seating row in Oculus Cinema. The only con I can think of is that you have to use a controller. In the Home Cinema there are 7 options and the Theater it's 3. Start the movie, then press the "Y" button. The 3rd seat in the theater is my favorite.
23 REPLIES 23

BruceLi
Honored Guest
Thanks for the info, I never knew that could be done. Really very cool!!!

Mikeyteves
Honored Guest
Awesome! It works for the Home Theater too! With even more seating positions!

Gherron
Protege
What the heck!?

You mean that one of the key suggestions/complaints with Oculus Cinema was that you couldn't change seats and no one on the GearVR team thought to mention something like,...Hey, guys. Actually you can change seats."?

That totally baffles me. I'm glad you found that capability. (Just tried it myself. Pretty cool!) But this one really makes me wonder what they're thinking. :?:

snappahead
Expert Protege
"Gherron" wrote:
What the heck!?

You mean that one of the key suggestions/complaints with Oculus Cinema was that you couldn't change seats and no one on the GearVR team thought to mention something like,...Hey, guys. Actually you can change seats."?

That totally baffles me. I'm glad you found that capability. (Just tried it myself. Pretty cool!) But this one really makes me wonder what they're thinking. :?:

This was a change that came with a recent update, not something thats always been there.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Boffin
Honored Guest
Would have been nice of them to maybe inform us early adapters and devs perhaps through an email list identifying upcoming enhancements. We should start a thread for Easter Eggs :lol: Very cool indeed tho. The cinema alone is worth the cost of admission to the world of Gear VR for some. Its hard for me to understand how I could own a Note 4 myself and not have a purchased a Gear VR even in the early state its in. Thats why I ordered mine on day 1.

neo1875
Explorer
What the sweet baby jesus! I even checked the release notes on the update and it didn't mention this, really poor! Thanks so much for making this thread, I'd been wanting to sit further back in the main cinema since day 1!

Gherron
Protege
That is definitely something I miss with the Apple App Store. With every update, there is a "What's New?" description. Sure wish they could do that here.

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"Gherron" wrote:
That is definitely something I miss with the Apple App Store. With every update, there is a "What's New?" description. Sure wish they could do that here.

You have that in the Android Play Store aswell.

munkondi
Explorer
With the controller I noticed there are other options in Oculus Cinema now like FFWD, RWD etc - very cool update!!

Moving the seat really makes a difference, personally I like being as close as possible to the screen.