cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR, Minecraft and Xbox One Conroller

gavincol78
Honored Guest
I am really liking the experience with Minecraft on the Gear VR but I do get annoyed with the 'spinning' to the point of me pulling out the battery pack to the controller and reinserting it which stops the spinning. I know there is an update on the 18th October for the Gear VR version and there is an update due for the Xbox One controller but I can't find any dates for that update.
Does anyone know if the updates will fix the 'spinning' (which gets triggered by either LT or RT)?
5 REPLIES 5

rebelxredneck21
Honored Guest
i haven't tried the battery pack trick yet. i just simply can't play minecraft yet. none of the mappings want to work for me. triggers don't respond, the left bumper responds but only in menu, and the right joystick is like stuck spinning not just on minecraft, but i downloaded the +/-5 meters scuba diving video and in the menu for that app it spins as well... im thinking maybe it's more controller support than it is minecraft support...
ill let you know if i find anything else out.

rebelxredneck21
Honored Guest
oh, i forgot to mention, i am using a samsung s7 edge, and the new xbox one s controller.

FourT2
Expert Protege
Wait, how did you get Xbox One controller to work with S7 / Gear VR? I was going to buy a bluetooth controller but if Xbox One controller works I'd rather go that route. 

lionheart777
Honored Guest
Im having the same problem and its the 20th two days late for the update and i went to controller support on xbox and they say you need minecraft version pe 16 and when i go in game it says 15.3 and wont even let me update amd the highest update is 15.10 so im freakin confused here guess we just wait for the update

CanadianGerald
Honored Guest
Any update on using the Xbox One S controller with Minecraft VR? Still having issues? It's been a fee months since the update.