cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR Showing Trailing Images At Night

Heatherlee
Protege
By night I mean when you initially accept the health warning and look around - all the dark/shadowy furniture - pretty much everything is TRAILING.

By that I mean it looks as if dark SPIRITS are RISING from every object - like a jaded version of each objects outline.

I'm surprised because I have no screen protector

Here's a visual depiction of whats happening (sort of -cant take an actual pic naturally)

http://i.imgur.com/IjnHV96.jpg

It's like a form of ..graphical trailing..shadows are moving with it too..it's just very noticeable and atrocious when it's dark scenes (which the whole CINEMA is)

Imagine that happening to EVERY chair
3 REPLIES 3

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, this is a limitation of the panels used on the phone. Many are calling this "black smear", as it usually happens with darker scenes, or with contrasting light/dark colors. I believe the software does try to mask it a bit, but unfortunately it won't go away completely.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Heatherlee
Protege
So is it my specific phone or does this happen to everyone?

cybereality
Grand Champion
It's everyone.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV