cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear VR not coming to Canada any time soon :(

jordonp
Honored Guest
Having finally received the needed update on my Note 4, I was really excited that the launch was imminent in Canada, but this post on Reddit by an Oculus employee from 4 days ago says it will not be coming to Canada in the near future.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comments/2tvhxd/gear_vr_now_available_from_bestbuy_xpost_roculus/co2z...

This is very disappointing, why can't Samsung just allow shipping across the border now that all the major carriers in Canada have released the update? Or at least tell us it isn't coming to Canada soon before people like me bought the Note 4 solely for Gear VR.
39 REPLIES 39

Nurul3D
Explorer
I don't think so... it is one person's opinion, not official( I hope)

May be Samsung Canada is busy with much Bigger things....

energycollecter
Honored Guest
I just asked to samsung rep at future shop and he told me that it looks like your right Canada isn't getting the Gear VR anytime soon.

core999
Explorer
Wow that really sucks if its true. Sure are making us Canadians feel unwanted.

neo1875
Explorer
Just import one? Plenty of drop shipping services and mail forwarders, I got mine in the UK at the end of December imported from the states.

Don't let commercial bureaucracy to get in your way!

Nurul3D
Explorer
I think they are letting us to start with Gear VR-2( with less problem and with better resolution, I hope)

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"Nurul3d" wrote:
I think they are letting us to start with Gear VR-2( with less problem and with better resolution, I hope)

My guess is that the S6 and S Edge will get their corresponding Gear VR but higher resolution will arrive with the Note 5 with 4K display.

energycollecter
Honored Guest
Australia has it now, wtf

slicedmass
Honored Guest
Does Rogers specifically have the update for gear-vr? I bought via samsung website and shipped to a proxy location that ships to canada. Best decision I could have made but I needed to root my phone etc.

Personally I would blame Canada's bulshit multilingual requirements for why we do not have it yet. Fucken frenchies and the requirement for it probably makes it not worth making it available in Canada until it is a full fledged product.

mickbowles
Honored Guest
Don't wait! I'm in Toronto and will do weekly crossing into Buffalo and then sells them on Kijiji $220 a piece. http://www.gofundme.com/lv62rg