cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add test app to Oculus Home?

nicobeckers
Honored Guest
Hi guys,

I've created a few new test apps and wanted to add them to oculus home, such that it is more convenient to switch between these apps without having to take off the gear.

I remember I've already done that successfully a year ago, but I can't find any information, on how to do that, anymore.

I think it involved editing/adding a special json or xml file in/to some specific directory on the device, which contained entries which string should be shown and which app should be launched on the buttons in Oculus Home.

Is this still possible and does anyone have information on how it can be done?

Best regards,

Nico
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
I believe only submitted and approved apps will show in Oculus Home.

Though you can still launch manually from the phone and that should work.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

nicobeckers
Honored Guest
Alright, thx.

So the feature to hack it into Oculus Home has been removed? Or do I remember it incorrectly?

hgcl
Honored Guest
So there is no way to check how my app looks/behaves in the oculus home until it is published?

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, I don't think so but please run the submission validator to find problems early.

https://developer.oculus.com/validator/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

hgcl
Honored Guest
Ok, Thanks. Yes I'm already using the validator.

rathina
Honored Guest
How much does it cost to post a testDemo app in Oculus Home?

I need to test the redirecting to Samsung Internet browser/Samsung Store from my test app.