cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunchtime with my Gear VR - Escape Velocity

vrgamerdude
Level 7

Today on Lunchtime with my Gear VR I take a look at Escape Velocity. I want to thank Michal from SETAPP for sending this my way. I had heard of it, but never saw that it was released because it is not available on the Note 4 for some reason? I don't know why Oculus would have blocked this one from being released for the Note 4 and Innovator edition Gear VR because it worked great! C'mon Oculus... Why would you block this app for release for us Note 4 users? This is an experience that has to be seen to truly be appreciated... The graphics look good because this one was done in Unreal Engine 4 and also the game plays smooth as butter. There are two modes of play. The first section is a short story based mode and the other is Free Flight mode which lets you explore the map on your own.You can play this without a controller, but for the full experience I recommend using one if you have it. I really hope that Oculus passes this title through to the Note 4 soon, but if you have a Note 5 or Galaxy S6 version I highly recommend giving this title a look! This one is definitely now going to be one that I demo to newcomers to the Gear VR █-)

You can grab this title in the Experience section of the Oculus store for $2.99 and it's worth every penny!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
1 REPLY 1

motorsep
Level 8
I could never get basic scene run at 60 fps in UE4 on Gear VR and S6 😞