cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user...problems loading apps and update

pityopus
Level 2
I'm trying to load the apps for the first time and having problems on a Note 5 which has just gone through a successful recent Samsung system update a few days ago. After the apps 'install' I get an error message saying apps failed to install properly. Same for all the apps, next screen takes you to a screen saying system needed update required. I click update, and it appears to download but nothing happens. Uninstalled all software and reinstalled but same problem. Any ideas?
22 REPLIES 22

cybereality
Level 15
Are you blocking certain services on your phone? This could cause a problem. Same with rooting or custom ROMs.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

pityopus
Level 2
Not that I know of. Which ones might effect it?

pityopus
Level 2
Apparently many others are having a problem with installing the apps with the Note 5. Gear VR apparently doesn't work with the Note 5 very well

https://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/comment ... up_wizard/

Just got off the live chat with Samsung. They say the only way to fix it is a factory reset. Really??

cybereality
Level 15
What carrier are you on and which region?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

pityopus
Level 2
Credo via Sprint, WA

cybereality
Level 15
Yes, I think this is the issue I thought it was.

You may have to wait a few days for the fix, but we are working on it. Thanks.

pityopus
Level 2
Hey cybereality, I've done two factory resets now and tried reloading the apps and files again and get the same problem. I hope you roll out a fix soon, it has to be carrier or your end.

cybereality
Level 15
The problem is that certain carriers (that use the Sprint network, but not Sprint itself) block certain services that are required to use the Gear VR software. You can try to see if you can re-enable this in the Android settings, but it's possible the carrier has hidden these options.

We are working to get the issue resolved, so if the above doesn't help you may have to wait longer. Sorry.

pityopus
Level 2
How will I know when the fix is ready?