cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 model confusion

13thFloor
Honored Guest
I'm a little confused on what phone is available in each region and which is the best to try and get.

I know there is two versions of the Note 4. Why manufacturers do this especially when they targeting a major release on a specific model of theirs is beyond me!! But can anyone confirm what model is the suggested one to get and if anyone has one what is it?

Very keen to take the plunge and get one otherwise it's a LG G3 for £299 and maybe a Carl Zeiss VR One or something else.
Intel i920@4ghz, 12gb ram, Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970 4gb, 120gb SSD, OR Dev Kit 1&2
66 REPLIES 66

13thFloor
Honored Guest
Germany, how does that work. Would have thought UK would get it straight away.

But yeah, sitting in London. Was on expansys website but now gone. LG G3 with Vortex VR (possibly vaporware) looks tempting. Ideally just want to watch movies in bed easier and more immersive. But all aftermarket HMD's suck. Game Gear VR looks best, Carl Zeiss VR One looks polished but doesn't support Note 4 or LG G3
Intel i920@4ghz, 12gb ram, Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970 4gb, 120gb SSD, OR Dev Kit 1&2

techie0000
Honored Guest
As far as I know, the VR One just seems like the plastic version of the google cardboard, but without any controls.
Guess thats one of the issues you get when you try to make it work for several phones.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought the VR One just to check it out, and yes, it is just a fancy cardboard with good optics, but horrible software support and compared to Gear VR experience it falls short by a wide margin.

And yes, the N910X is what Samsung calls a "Live Demo Unit", that is used for store display, and can not make cellular connection and the simcard slot does not work. Apart from that it is locked down with a special retail mode software that automatically erases itself every 10 minutes of idle time. So no, not the ideal thing to buy 😉

Just get one of the N910F European models (either open market or operator version), and you are safe.

13thFloor
Honored Guest
Well as nice as the whole Samsung + Oculus working together device sounds good and people seem to like it I need a new phone as old was damaged so I'm going to go with a the LG G3 I think as a Note 4 currently wont give me anything else extra!

Gutted, wish UK Game Gear VR was released now, bad performance by Samsung. In a time when they could really have been dominating this market and needed to up their market share.

Bound to be a decent'ish VR headset to take the LG G3 in the next 3 months cropping up soon.. I hope.

Wish I could mod the DK1 with the 1440p 6" screen and MPI board sitting on my desk. But that's not mobile.

R3ality66
Explorer
"Magikarp" wrote:
Would the SM-N910F work? Can you run Gear vr on it currently?

I have one, from Tesco Mobile in the UK. The Gear VR works fine straight out of the box

13thFloor
Honored Guest
Where did you get the Game Gear VR from? not uk surely?

R3ality66
Explorer
"13thFloor" wrote:

I got mine from the US. Ordered it from Shipito.Com they charge commission, but I was impatient at Xmas. rumor has it, it should be available in the UK by Friday. ...but who knows!

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"13thFloor" wrote:

Not to be that guy but the name is Gear VR not Game Gear VR 🙂

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/300/d/1/game_gear_wallpaper_by_gamezaddic-d31ma9g.jpg

13thFloor
Honored Guest
"HomerS66" wrote:
"13thFloor" wrote:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/300/d/1/game_gear_wallpaper_by_gamezaddic-d31ma9g.jpg

lol - I am a sticker for details so surprised I failed that one.
Oh well.. doesnst matter now. Bought a LG G3 tonight and moving on with life. I need a phone!! 😄

P.S. bet you Gear VR is released on Friday now!!

R3ality66
Explorer
"13thFloor" wrote:
"HomerS66" wrote:
"13thFloor" wrote:

lol - I am a sticker for details so surprised I failed that one.
Oh well.. doesnst matter now. Bought a LG G3 tonight and moving on with life. I need a phone!! 😄

P.S. bet you Gear VR is released on Friday now!!

Yep, Sods Law! Available to buy from Samsung UK today! Lol