cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 model confusion

13thFloor
Honored Guest
I'm a little confused on what phone is available in each region and which is the best to try and get.

I know there is two versions of the Note 4. Why manufacturers do this especially when they targeting a major release on a specific model of theirs is beyond me!! But can anyone confirm what model is the suggested one to get and if anyone has one what is it?

Very keen to take the plunge and get one otherwise it's a LG G3 for £299 and maybe a Carl Zeiss VR One or something else.
Intel i920@4ghz, 12gb ram, Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970 4gb, 120gb SSD, OR Dev Kit 1&2
66 REPLIES 66

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"R3ality66" wrote:
"13thFloor" wrote:
"HomerS66" wrote:

Not to be that guy but the name is Gear VR not Game Gear VR 🙂

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/300/d/1/game_gear_wallpaper_by_gamezaddic-d31ma9g.jpg

lol - I am a sticker for details so surprised I failed that one.
Oh well.. doesnst matter now. Bought a LG G3 tonight and moving on with life. I need a phone!! 😄

P.S. bet you Gear VR is released on Friday now!!

Yep, Sods Law! Available to buy from Samsung UK today! Lol

D'oh he should have waited one more day 😉

camster
Honored Guest
Now that it has been released in the uk ( and sorry for asking ) What is the best model of Note 4 to buy with the uk release of the Gear Vr please?
Many thanks

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"camster" wrote:
Now that it has been released in the uk ( and sorry for asking ) What is the best model of Note 4 to buy with the uk release of the Gear Vr please?
Many thanks

The european model SM-N910F with snapdragon and i believe it's the only Note 4 version sold in the UK?

13thFloor
Honored Guest
"R3ality66" wrote:

"HomerS66" wrote:

D'oh he should have waited one more day 😉

Knew it would happen.. .but I did it to help you guys so it would arrive and not be delayed forever!!!

Must say I'm very happy with the G3 the screen is insane!! Just need a decent VR headset to watch a movie and I'm happy. Given up on DK2 and not working on PC anymore.

Will grab a Note 4 when the Note 5 is out and they drop in price if everyone here thinks they great. Must get to a store to try one.
Intel i920@4ghz, 12gb ram, Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970 4gb, 120gb SSD, OR Dev Kit 1&2

emperorsly
Honored Guest
Oculus Gear VR is compatible to the Indian Note 4 version (SM-N910G). I got mine from US, bought from Best Buy and it works flawlessly. Gear VR is a great product and must for all the Note 4 owners worldwide. .

MikeFesta
Honored Guest
Thanks for confirming the SM-N910G dynjo and emperorsly.

The SM-N910G is not mentioned on the list of compatible devices in the Jam FAQ, which is a bit frustrating because it is less expensive than buying one of the carrier specific models.

Based on the FAQ, and because I have t-mobile for my cell service, I decided to buy an SM-N910T directly from a t-mobile store so I could use my existing sim to get the OTA update. Buying from t-mobile cost about $150 more, but I wanted to be sure that it would work for the Jam. It wasn't until I unboxed it at home and saw that it had a non-US wall plug that I realized they sold me an SM-N910G. :x

I'm thinking of returning the phone tomorrow because I feel like I got ripped off. Is it worth trying to get them to swap it for SM-N910T or should I just buy the G online for less?

Has anyone else experienced carriers selling the G version?

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"MikeFesta" wrote:
Thanks for confirming the SM-N910G dynjo and emperorsly.

The SM-N910G is not mentioned on the list of compatible devices in the Jam FAQ, which is a bit frustrating because it is less expensive than buying one of the carrier specific models.

Based on the FAQ, and because I have t-mobile for my cell service, I decided to buy an SM-N910T directly from a t-mobile store so I could use my existing sim to get the OTA update. Buying from t-mobile cost about $150 more, but I wanted to be sure that it would work for the Jam. It wasn't until I unboxed it at home and saw that it had a non-US wall plug that I realized they sold me an SM-N910G. :x

I'm thinking of returning the phone tomorrow because I feel like I got ripped off. Is it worth trying to get them to swap it for SM-N910T or should I just buy the G online for less?

Has anyone else experienced carriers selling the G version?

The SM-N910G is also the Snapdragon Version, so that is good, but not good if you can't use the fast charging power plug or can u use an adapter with it and it still charges fast?