cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note 4 model confusion

13thFloor
Honored Guest
I'm a little confused on what phone is available in each region and which is the best to try and get.

I know there is two versions of the Note 4. Why manufacturers do this especially when they targeting a major release on a specific model of theirs is beyond me!! But can anyone confirm what model is the suggested one to get and if anyone has one what is it?

Very keen to take the plunge and get one otherwise it's a LG G3 for £299 and maybe a Carl Zeiss VR One or something else.
Intel i920@4ghz, 12gb ram, Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970 4gb, 120gb SSD, OR Dev Kit 1&2
66 REPLIES 66

Supraman321
Honored Guest
Thanks, that is likely my problem since I'm not using it as phone and just connecting over WIFI, I didn't even put a SIM in it. Gonna give that a shot though since that firmware site doesn't have one for N910A (ATT).

bkai
Honored Guest
"shollywood" wrote:
I too was wondering if another firmware for n910U would work? Currently I plug into the VR and absolutely nothing happens? May be dumb question but what if I flashed AT&T USA ROM on the 910U would it work or brick the phone.

It would fail... the AT&T variant is Snapdragon, the N910U is Exynos. If you have the Hong Kong N910U you should have received an update yesterday (or maybe the day before) to #ANL4 firmware. If you're rooted, check sammobile.com for the N910U Hong Kong firmware and update through Odin. Then you can at least disable the Gear VR service and use Google Cardboard until we're given compatibility 😄

Supraman321
Honored Guest
Just to confirm, putting the SIM in did work so I'm happy now but it was lame to find out that I couldn't use it just as a WIFI only device and just update that way. Ah well.... thanks for the suggestions!

shollywood
Honored Guest
"bkai" wrote:
"shollywood" wrote:
I too was wondering if another firmware for n910U would work? Currently I plug into the VR and absolutely nothing happens? May be dumb question but what if I flashed AT&T USA ROM on the 910U would it work or brick the phone.

It would fail... the AT&T variant is Snapdragon, the N910U is Exynos. If you have the Hong Kong N910U you should have received an update yesterday (or maybe the day before) to #ANL4 firmware. If you're rooted, check sammobile.com for the N910U Hong Kong firmware and update through Odin. Then you can at least disable the Gear VR service and use Google Cardboard until we're given compatibility 😄

Not sure I understand. If there was an update yesterday to make it work, then why would I use Cardboard?

InsuredApple
Honored Guest
Where can I get the Gear VR software from?

My carrier doesn't offer it yet... I've done a Kernel update, rooted...

13thFloor
Honored Guest
Ok, I'm toying with buying a LG G3 or a Note 4. The Note 4 available is a SM-910X which I cant seem to find out if it's Snapdragon or Exynos.

I just want to lay on my back and watch movies better than it is on the DK2 now. Worth it?
Intel i920@4ghz, 12gb ram, Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970 4gb, 120gb SSD, OR Dev Kit 1&2

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"13thFloor" wrote:
Ok, I'm toying with buying a LG G3 or a Note 4. The Note 4 available is a SM-910X which I cant seem to find out if it's Snapdragon or Exynos.

I just want to lay on my back and watch movies better than it is on the DK2 now. Worth it?

Is it possible that your SM-910X is a demo unit with which you can't make phone calls, as it's not listed on sammobile firmwares?

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/

Demo units mentioned on xda:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/general/to-snapdragon-805-to-exynos-5433-t2868247/page34

13thFloor
Honored Guest
Interesting thought?

I have looked online and see some reference to it but yes, I don't see it on sammbiles either.

I'll go across and look. It's at the EE store.

13thFloor
Honored Guest
Was in EE store and there was a Samsung Rep at the back and he stated UK phones are Snapdragon.

Just need to see where a Game Gear VR device can be bought as it appears they not on the sites anymore that had it listed?

HomerS66
Expert Protege
Are you in the UK?
Gear VR is not available there yet, just in the US and in germany but from 30th january it will be sold in more european counties aswell but not sure in which.