cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 Issues

DrumAddict
Honored Guest
Got the Gear VR for Xmas and soon after using it for a couple of days my S6 started slowing down and eventually the home button stopped responding. I called Verizon and they tried several things to get it working but we had no luck. They sent me a new S6 replacement and it worked fine until I reloaded the Oculus apps and now the new phone is randomly crashing. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?
3 REPLIES 3

JvanE
Explorer
"DrumAddict" wrote:
Got the Gear VR for Xmas and soon after using it for a couple of days my S6 started slowing down and eventually the home button stopped responding. I called Verizon and they tried several things to get it working but we had no luck. They sent me a new S6 replacement and it worked fine until I reloaded the Oculus apps and now the new phone is randomly crashing. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

No. I did have problems with the Oculus apps draining the battery but no crashing and no slowing down.

I think we have to acknowledge that running Virtual Reality programs on our Samsung phones is pushing them to their absolute limits so yes, the batteries drain quickly.

Of course, using any other model of mobile phone with Google Cardboard would drain the battery quickly.

It should not be crashing nor should buttons stop working - it sounds like you've been unlucky.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

JvanE
Explorer
"andyring" wrote:
I think we have to acknowledge that running Virtual Reality programs on our Samsung phones is pushing them to their absolute limits so yes, the batteries drain quickly.

That too, of course, but my problem was that one of the Oculus services kept on draining the battery even after a restart of the phone and having not used the service at all. The problem was solved after uninstalling all Oculus software. (Which btw isn't a general problem because I don't read much about it elsewhere so it must be bad luck for me somehow.)