cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 stuttering with WIFI on

furtin
Level 4
When I am in flightmode, GPS, Blutooth, everything disabled, all other Apps closed or deleted (auto weather and time disabled) and Wifi on, I encounter heavy stuttering.
In the homescreen aswell as in-game.

When I turn Wifi off, no stuttering at all.

What could probably cause it? It must have to do with the WIfi connection...

Thanks for checking,
Andrea

Edit: it all happens of course when I'm in the GearVR...
"The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."
6 REPLIES 6

furtin
Level 4
So I also have some stuttering when Wifi is turned off. It's like the graphics are broken and duplicate for a splitsecond when moving my head.

Could it be that the GearVR's sensors are faulty?

Any ideas are very appreciated! 🙂

Jfox93
Level 2
Your phone isn't on power saving mode, is it? I forgot that my phone was on power saving mode once, and it caused very heavy stuttering on the Gear VR.

furtin
Level 4
Thanks for your suggestion but no, its not in power saving mode.

What puzzles me, is that it don't happen all the time, although defenitely more when Wifi is enabled. At first I thought its downloading something in the background but its not (well certain Apps will always call home...).

I did a Geekbenchmark test to check if my phone is alright and it scored pretty good.

Is there a method to dissallow Apps to connect to the internet (kinda little snitch)?

What bothers me is that its a casefresh S6 and I cleared everything and disabled all but the Apps that needs to run because I only use it for the GearVR... :cry:

Can the S6 be faulty? Has nobody else that problem?

Jfox93
Level 2
Hmm...I'm not sure how to stop apps from connecting to the internet. It might be possible though - I'm just not the most tech savvy person around, so I wouldn't know how to do it myself.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend that you open a request at https://support.oculus.com/hc/en-us (just click on the "Submit a request" link at the top of the page). It took them about a week to get back to me (probably because there are so many people asking for help right now), but I imagine that it would be worth opening a request there, in case you still haven't figured out what's causing the problem by then. I opened a thread here on the Support board myself a few weeks ago, and no one ever responded at all. The person on my support request has been a little slow in getting back to me, but we've been corresponding back and forth a few times and have almost figured out the source of my problem.

I've also found https://www.reddit.com/r/GearVR/ to be a little more active than the forums here, so you might want to post your question there as well.

furtin
Level 4
Thanks again JFox93!
I'll keep an eye on reddit and try a few things and maybe I will contact the support.

What bothers me is that nobody else seem to have that problem. Not even from time to time.... :?

See you around!

Jfox93
Level 2
Did you ever find a solution to this?