cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO NOUGAT OR NOT TO NOUGAT?

daddyactorboy
Protege
I have a Note 5 SM-N920R4 and an S7 Edge SM-G935R4...Both are asking for updates.

Anyone with experience on pros/cons? Primary concern is VR usage.
4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
Android 7 is supported, but not 100% last time I checked. I know some people are using it without issue, but I have heard of a few random problems. It will depending on if you really need to upgrade or not (i.e. for non-VR features). Maybe only update one phone and see how you like it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

enkayz
Protege
So far it's worked for my S7 with only one issue - I can't livestream facebook, but I never used the feature before so I don't know if it's a Nougat issue. I've got a currently open support ticket and we'll see where it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

enkayz said:

So far it's worked for my S7 with only one issue - I can't livestream facebook, but I never used the feature before so I don't know if it's a Nougat issue. I've got a currently open support ticket and we'll see where it goes.

Seriously?  I updated my S7 to Nougat and have no issues with Livestream or any other bugs.  I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

zproxy
Expert Protege

Android 7 is supported, but not 100% last time I checked. I know some people are using it without issue, but I have heard of a few random problems. It will depending on if you really need to upgrade or not (i.e. for non-VR features). Maybe only update one phone and see how you like it.

Samsung does not seem to make available the option to not show the system update for consumers.

For developers the standard resolution might be to actively monitor and deny/block any and all update nagware.