cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Coaster - Bringing Mobile VR to real Roller Coasters

ThomasWagner
Honored Guest
Hello everyone,

after one year of researching the combination of VR with real roller coasters, we've now revealed our patented commercial concept that will make this whole thing viable for a robust worldwide implementation. It mainly targets mobile VR devices and solves pretty much all of the common issues that usually came with public VR installations.

Check out our new video for the details:

Here's also a visual explanation of the whole concept:

At the moment, we are entirely focussing on the Gear VR. Developing for this device is great fun and it's really impressive what you can do on this hardware.
As we're concentrating on mobile hardware, we have also created all our 3D assets in a way that is suitable for mobile platforms. Our plan is, of course, to bring coaster versions of our Gamesmold mobile games to this system, starting with Spooky Hoofs 3D (that is still under development), Blood Roofs, Shadow Vamp and of course customized VR rides that will be created especially for the parks who will apply this system.

Together with our partner http://www.mack-rides.com, we've presented this system at the IAAPA fair in Orlando and we're already receiving enormous interest and support from the industry. So, I'm quite confident that you'll be able to test this amazing kind of experience on a roller coaster near you soon...   🙂 

Also, feel free to follow us at Facebook: 
http://www.facebook.com/vrcoaster

And for more info, as well as some details on how this all started, check out our website: 
http://www.vrcoaster.com

Best,
Thomas
48 REPLIES 48

g4c
Explorer
This looks great, I cant wait to ride a real coaster in VR. I can only imagine the experience would be more "real" than reality itself!
Android VR Developer. https://twitter.com/SiliconDroid

ThomasWagner
Honored Guest
"Fanty" wrote:
Nice idea.

Still dont know if I would enter a rollercoaster. :lol:
I tried one 30 years ago and I sweared to myself to never do this again. :shock:

😄 At the moment, we're working with some coaster models that are suitable for 4 year old children.
So maybe we'll also have something for you... 😉

ThomasWagner
Honored Guest
"drash" wrote:
I can't believe this is going to be a real thing. So awesome! I just read through your Discoveries and FAQ pages and I'm blown away by what you've uncovered and where this is going.

Good luck on the Jam!

Thank you very much!
We're receiving requests from all over the world and already got our hands full...
But it's a dream of a project.

"g4c" wrote:
This looks great, I cant wait to ride a real coaster in VR. I can only imagine the experience would be more "real" than reality itself!

Yes, it's a totally different experience. It feels very real, but totally different. I still recall my very first VR ride on the Blue Fire, that was really a life-changing experience.

ThomasWagner
Honored Guest
Here's our new video!
The Gear VR is the perfect upgrade to any roller coaster ride:

bolinao
Honored Guest
Just curious,I don't have a roller coaster within a thousand miles of me,will I still be able to use this app at home on my Gear VR ,like the Jam demo,which i absolutely love...

thanks

neo1875
Explorer
Just used this, excuse the language but I actually said out loud "Holy fuck, this is amazing"

The novelty had completely worn off of VR for me and I was no longer feeling immersion, the production quality on this is so high it bought me right back to why I love VR. I have to say whoever composed the music deserves major credit as that's what made it for me, as you land on the back of the dragon and the music changes I had a grin from ear to ear. My only annoyance was that I couldn't lean to look over the edge of the cart as much as I'd have liked!

Phenomenal job guys!!!!

Ashles
Protege
This is quite genius! Any boring seaside coaster can now become a space battle with dragons and robots and laser giants...

Fantastic idea!
"Into every life a little fantasy must fall..."

Malkmus1979
Explorer
Tried this just now a couple times with the S6. I can tell it looks gorgeous but the image never stops flickering. 😞

Any idea why?

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"Malkmus1979" wrote:
Tried this just now a couple times with the S6. I can tell it looks gorgeous but the image never stops flickering. 😞

Any idea why?

The app might not be compatible with Lollipop just yet, no flickering on Kitkat.

ThomasWagner
Honored Guest
"Malkmus1979" wrote:

Any idea why?

Well, we don't have the S6 Gear VR yet, but we've tested it on Lollipop and of course on Kitkat with the Note 4 and it worked fine.
How exactly does the flickering look like? Could you explain it a little more so we can get an idea of what's happening there?

Also, we learned that switching off wlan can sometimes fix performance issues on Lollipop, but, as said, this was running well on the Note 4 without any such tricks.