cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR INTRODUCTION

daddyactorboy
Protege
HELP! I always start first timers with the VR Introduction. I have some folks coming over tonight and just noticed the introduction is not working. It won't load from the home screen or library. I uninstalled/reinstalled and I still get the same thing. Screen goes black, then right back where I started. Note 4 kit kat. Anyone else?
15 REPLIES 15

daddyactorboy
Protege
No solutions yet. Anyone else figure out the bug?

HomerS66
Expert Protege
Just installed VR Introduction again to test it on Note 4 with Android 5.1.1 and it works but i still had it on my external SD card located. So it dident download the app, just linked it to the file.

But i can see some slow downs in the motion of the people, also in some other videos which came with the Note 4 sd card like Galaxy 11 and Pacific Rim in the 360 videos app aswell.

I think i saw these slow downs on Kitkat aswell but not in the first couple of months, i believe these slow downs came later with Oculus updates.

daddyactorboy
Protege
"HomerS66" wrote:
Just installed VR Introduction again to test it on Note 4 with Android 5.1.1

Should us Note 4 kit kat kids be using 5.1.1 now? I've been holding off because of the VR issues. Haven't heard concrete proof yet?

I was finally able to find some info about putting VR Introduction from the original SD card into my 360 video file. I added the _LR as requested and VOILA! It works. However, some of the camera angles seemed a little "higher" than the app from the Oculus store. My imagination?

Thanks for the help. Learning as I go! Proud owner since launch 12-8-14!

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"daddyactorboy" wrote:
"HomerS66" wrote:
Just installed VR Introduction again to test it on Note 4 with Android 5.1.1

Should us Note 4 kit kat kids be using 5.1.1 now? I've been holding off because of the VR issues. Haven't heard concrete proof yet?

I'm not sure myself. I see some improvements on 5.1.1 compared to Kitkat like Cirque Du soleil Kurios runs smooth now, where i had constant slow downs before and 360 photos run smooth aswell where i saw some hickups with predictive loading on Kitkat and Netflix works, which it doesnt on Kitkat.

But i think the game Crashland reborn where i timed the playtime before the overheating message comes, seems to run shorter now than before. And i think i see more screen tearing in apps than i saw with Kitkat but that could be my imagination aswell or caused by later oculus updates aswell.

Edit: Could you do me a favour and test the star wars, go pro and discovery videos in the 360 videos app. If you have judder with headmovements on Kitkat aswell? And is not caused by the Android version but by a bug or faulty video format?

daddyactorboy
Protege

Edit: Could you do me a favour and test the star wars, go pro and discovery videos in the 360 videos app. If you have judder with headmovements on Kitkat aswell? And is not caused by the Android version but by a bug or faulty video format?

For me, they are VERY pixelated and uncomfortably blurry and "juddery". It isn't enjoyable to view them at all. Are they actual 'files" on the phone? I naively thought it was because those were being streamed. We have dsl and streaming ANYTHING on the VR sucks! Which is why the Littlstar App just sits in my library.

HomerS66
Expert Protege
"daddyactorboy" wrote:

For me, they are VERY pixelated and uncomfortably blurry and "juddery". It isn't enjoyable to view them at all. Are they actual 'files" on the phone? I naively thought it was because those were being streamed. We have dsl and streaming ANYTHING on the VR sucks! Which is why the Littlstar App just sits in my library.

They are being streamed and get sharper after like 5-7 seconds for me but i have constant jerkyness/juddering when i move my head. But only on these 3 videos.