cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if you have two of the same account on Social?

leftler
Protege
For a while now I have had a Note 5 and a Gear VR, I upgraded my phone to a S7 and my wife is getting my Note 5. We sent in our info to get the free Gear VR with the S7 promotion so now we will have two Gear VRs in the house. I don't want to have to re-buy all my apps for my wife's Gear VR so I was hoping that I could just use the same store login for both accounts. However the thing that I am concerned about is what will happen if we both join the same Social room together.

Does anyone know what will happen if two of the same oculus account connect to Social and try to join a room together? Or is there any way to share purchases across Social Identities?
9 REPLIES 9

?
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

cybereality
Grand Champion

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

leftler
Protege
"cybereality" wrote:

Okay, I will let you know if it destroyed the universe or not in a few weeks when it gets here.

"leftler" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:

Okay, I will let you know if it destroyed the universe or not in a few weeks when it gets here.

lol

I've no idea leftler, i just love how funny the internet can be sometimes.

Someone else is asking the same question

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome grave-dig! I love reading old jokes after you totally forget about them.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

I know i know lol

But someone really does want to know the answer!  I think a lady asked this a few weeks ago too - i said "i'm sure i know the answer and  you won't like it" but left it for Oculus to answer.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I seriously doubt it would work at all (though likely won't harm the universe). Ideally each user should have their own account.

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer
Any chance of a "family sharing" type feature in the future? I mean - my wife and I don't really want to have to buy the same game twice. But it would be good to have our own accounts, in order to have our own game saves etc (many games just give one save per account currently).

And I hate to use the "S" word, but such a feature does exist over there.