cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lag after root? - RESOLVED

kevinrocksman
Explorer
Can someone at oculus please explain why once you are rooted the oculus app is unbearbly laggy? I want to root my device... but I want to use my $99 device on top of that

RESOLVED

Thanks to @djvoleur he got the AOK3 kernel working with the gear vr,
Currently trying to figure out the chromecast and screenmirror lag

N920P VARIANT ONLY

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087018755
18 REPLIES 18

kevinrocksman
Explorer
think we have isolated the issue, will update once we attempt a fix

cybereality
Grand Champion
Rooting and custom ROMs are not supported. Sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

kevinrocksman
Explorer
Got it working!!!

kevinrocksman
Explorer
Thanks to @djvoleur he got the AOK3 kernel working with the gear vr,
Currently trying to figure out the chromecast and screenmirror lag

N920P VARIANT ONLY

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982087018755

kreikins
Honored Guest
I rooted my n920c and now gear vr lags like hell. can i use this n920p kernel for my n920c? i want to use my ps3 controller on gear vr that's why and it's only possible when rooted.

EmanueleCiriach
Honored Guest
Same here. Rooted my G920F and low persistence no longer works. After reinstalling stock firmware works like new.

I tried several custom firmwares, but all of them lack whatever makes GearVR work the way it does.

kevinrocksman, would flashing that firmware compromise my data or just the firmware, in which case I could flash my stock back should something go wrong?

BTW I'm also looking to root in order to use my PS3/XBox/Steam Controller to work via Bluetooth. I have THREE DIFFERENT BT GAMEPADS and I'm not going to fork more money to get a new one for no good reason.
DK2 and Gear VR owner.

karmia
Honored Guest
Samsung Gear VR on Galaxy s6 (SM-920T) seems to be all working correctly with Kernal Artel97 -11.0 and rooted rom -AMBASADII.G925FXXU3QOKD-v1.5 - loads like stock , no dithering, no green stripes ( had all these with Unikernal)

phone now thinks it is a SM-925F

EmanueleCiriach
Honored Guest
Fixed!

I sorted it following the instructions provided in this thread and using SuperSU version 2.61. I tried versions 2.62, 2.63 and 2.64 with no success (I was stuck in a boot loop) - but somehow this specific one seems to do the trick. This - or to be more precise, the action of installing TWRP - will trip Knox.

For the record, I have a G920F 5.1.1 (UK). Happy GearVR Christmas everyone!
DK2 and Gear VR owner.

umair1995
Honored Guest
This is my first time posting something.
Is there a way to fix this gear vr issue on note 5 SM-N920T ( t-mobile).
I tried "N920P VARIANT ONLY" but then my signals disappeared. Thankfully I had a backup.
Please guys do you have any solution.